Not logging in because of zoe

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mambakiller, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mambakiller

No matter where you go, there are loads of the purple fast as light hard hitting zoe heroes, splashing everyone left and right.
    I don't know how long will take for SOE to realize a lot of players don't log in atm ( me included) because of this unbalance.
    Comon, it was on TEST SERVER......i cant believe this.
    Well , anyway, see you when they will fix this.99% VS ARE ZOE , REST OF 1% ENGINEERS .
  2. DMan6505

Ok
    • Up x 1
  3. The King

lol
    What server are you on?
    When I see ZOE, I just kill them..
    • Up x 1
  4. Rivenshield

TR loyalist here: OP is a crybaby. There's nothing wrong with the ZOE. The Vanu have always been faster and more mobile. That's the way they're supposed to be. In the old days, their MAXes had jump jets. Adapt, survive, overcome, or get the hell outta the way.
    • Up x 6
  5. BalogDerStout

Yeah, the Phoenix rocket made me feel like that for a while, eventually you learn to suck it up buttercup, take off your panties put on your jockstrap and get back in the fight.
    • Up x 2
  6. llPendragon

I understand your frustration, and have felt the same way. I am logging in less and less as this ZOE $hit drags on.

Yes, SOE new ZOE was OP before it was released. Yes, they could have fixed it at any time. Instead, they had a 2x EXP weekend and continue to leave it in the game even after Higby has admitted it is OP publicly.

You're not the only one suffering through this. I hope we are given a reason to play again soon.
  7. sindz

Fight NC then you big cry baby or L2P
    • Up x 1
  8. Hospitaller_Sarpton

ZOE doesn't seem to be an issue if your not stupid. Can't hit with rockets, riddle with bullets. Pro tip: Aim for the head. Are they rushing you? Is there more of them than your guys? Run away, come back with moar doods. Mad you can't solo one, well good that's how it should be.

IF Zoe maxes got you down L2P, seriously if what you've been doing doesn't work stop doing it and figure out what does work. What I like to do is shoot smoke and use IR scope fire bullets repeat until dead.
    • Up x 4
  9. MagicBlackShow

No problem. You won't be missed. Stay safe.
  10. llPendragon

I think these exact posts were made when the Magrider was OP. And the Scythe. And the Magrider again before that.
    Even Higby has admitted that the VS won't play with anything that isn't obviously OP. These do as much to confirm it being OP as any posts by NC/TR.
  11. MagicBlackShow

Even Higby has admitted that NC are largely comprised of younger, COD type players, who seldom use tactics and planning. These do as much to confirm these allegations as any posts made by NC, such as yourself.
    • Up x 2
  12. Spookydodger

You make it seem like someone can snap a finger and find a solution that doesn't anger more players than it helps.

Higby is one man. Regardless of his power, he isn't the only person in the pipeline.

So if it is taking a long time to fix, it could be one or more of the reasons below as possible sources of the delay:

• It's the biggest expo time of the year with E3, WWDC, etc. A lot of the top guys' efforts are going to be focused on making those events a success.
    • The problem isn't as big as they reported, and a deeper delving of the numbers show it not to be something needing an immediate fix.
    • The problem will be rectified as part of a greater series of fixes to overall balance things
    • The problem is tied to a base mechanic / system that cannot be easily tweaked without other things being severely compromised (in this case, fire prediction system potentially tied in with recent changes to offload prediction from clients to prevent as much cheating from being possible?)
    Additionally, maybe some of the developers are hoping that players will put their big-boy pants on and start using weapons and tactics that were not previously deemed necessary. Things like using special grenades to hamper MAXes to put infantry more on even footing. Smoke and Concussion grenades work remarkably well, even on a ZOE moving at max speed.
    There are so many things possibly feeling overpowered. NC has had close range death locked down for a while. Flying over TR territory seems like even more of a death wish than normal for pilots, and the magical dancing sparkling ZOE for the VS. Everyone seems to have their own "we own this" area. Maybe the only real difference is that people can see the glowing sparkler disco robot more easily than anything else in the entire game.
  13. HMR85

Jesus, concussion grenades/C4 they are your friend. End result = Dead Zoe MAX
    • Up x 1
  14. MilitiaMan

26, PS1 Vet, play all 3 factions.

Your argument is invalid.

I use ZOE on my VS, it is bloody OP. The kill spam I get is just sickening and I charge groups of enemies, I don't play peekaboo.

I get better kill spam with ZOE than I ever did with dual hacksaws in a biolab, and the best part?

ZOE is effective anywhere with any weapon.
  15. Dvine

[IMG]

I think we got the same advice when we were complaing about Hack/Scatmaxes for 6 months.
    • Up x 1
  16. DG-MOD-02

I am closing this thread now. Please keep posts constructive on these forums.
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.