[Suggestion] Northwest Oshur, Southwest Esamir needs a rework.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AntDX316, Jul 30, 2022.

1. AntDX316

Northwest Oshur, Southwest Esamir needs a rework.

These areas are usually 2v1ed all the time.
    • Up x 1
  2. BlackFox

Oshur and Esamir need reworks in general
    • Up x 1
  3. Liewec123

Every single part of esamir that Wrel touched in the last 'redesign' is worse than it was before.
    Dozens of awesome bases were removed, great bases were ruined with god awful redesigns
    and we are left with a huge portion of the map as wasted space.

I don't want any more esamir redesigns from this youtuber masquerading as a game developer.
    He has ruined it enough.

Oshur redesign though? Sure!
    it's a garbage map that I won't play anyway, so let's keep him busy ruining the garbage.
    If he's busy ruining the garbage he made then he won't have time to ruin the good work of actual game developers.
    • Up x 4
  4. lemurwrangler

agreed/moo
  5. AuricStarSand

Northwest Oshur? I haven't played much since the boat rework. Before boats, NW Oshur was good for the western part of it, not so much the northern bridge nearby grass regions. The 2 bases that had no bridge on the west, semi nw, were the best two Oshur bases. Not sure how it is now, tho ye I do remember easily warpgating NC on the west, for the first boat day. It kinda reaches a stalemate there. If warpgates had events or purpose, for some warpgates are more rewarding than winning the map. So some kind of event marker for warpgate fights.

NE Esamir is too remote. Maybe top right of esamir to a huge lake that has 3 boat bases, I don't know. Too remote tho. Heck I miss ice bridge fight that Esamir use to have mid north. Now its just a water crossing area that nobody uses.

TBH the main thing I want for maps is a double the triple stacker rock bridge & to rework TI, Hydro, or galaxy solar to be the main event for Indar & not the Crown or Crossroads anymore. Then trenches, farm wheatgrass fields, & non player made bunkers.

Oshur is good for some qualities. Tho really has missed the mark for infantry amongst field fights. Field fights for infantry on Oshur or wherever, would be best if they had more Gorilla Strategy. A 4th faction that doesn't take or hold bases, yet only is a skirmish traveling waypoint 4th faction, who uses nomad traveling gorilla warfare methods.

Meaning field infantry fights for Oshur or anywhere are best with more tall grass, bushes, trees, sandbag deployables. It's like the only map with stuff for infantry to hide around has to be the most least enjoyable map; aka Hossin & the stuff people hide behind isn't even follage as preffered. It's like weird roots that ruin the driving experience of Hossin, too many lanes. Trying to explain, that infantry want bushes & follage, stuff to use camo with, not ness follage that restricts vehicle movement either like roots or ground vines. Yet more about tall grass like Okinawa hilla. Or Intersteller wheat fields. Or WW1 trenches. Or Tactical Item Sandbags for sandbag walls players may add to. Or simply taller bushes with more follage per bush, as most bushes barely hide infantry.

Pretty much trees & bushes & grass should hide infantry better & not just having to rely on cloaking only. A heavy assault should have more sneaking opportunities, based on the environment, for open field fights.

Like take the bushes near Pommel Gardens for example. A point. Ye they are kinda ok to crouch around, sometimes hide you a tad. Tho they are never enough, never tall enough bushes or grass, or trees with leaves that drip down. Never enough bushes either. Same goes for underwater fight Kelp. Would like Kelp forests of x100 more kelp & yet we get like 10 kelp lines per underwater fight. Make Oshur a jungle & add more bushes to every other map, trenches, & grass that doesn't need to be crouched to hide. So taller. I wish PS2 had a ground crouch, to crawl on your knees & elbows. & shoot from ground level.
  6. AntDX316

If you didn't play since they added a lot more bases, then your whole Oshur post is out of date.