Non hyperbolic buff thread.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Van Dax, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Van Dax

Alright so I've spent a good amount of time testing, theory crafting, and playing to get a good handle on the mechanics of the game. The majority of my time is spent as a medic, heavy, or engie so I'd like to go over a couple weapons (cross faction) that I've used and personally find lacking. I'm not going to exaggerate or generalize, and this is just my opinion. I also don't have as comprehensive an experience with non vanu so I will have missed some.

I'll list them off and then explain why and what I think would help.

VS:
    CME
    Corvus
    Beamer
    Cerberus

NC:
    EM1
    ACX-11

TR:
    T32-Bull
    Inquisitor

CME: This is essentially an equinox (UBGL AR) without the UBGL and more horizontal recoil, longer reload, slightly less vertical recoil but a higher first shot multi. Gets an advanced fwd grip and a cool model(though one where the fwd grip looks stupid, lol). This gun feels like an after thought, needs a total overhaul imo

Corvus: Kind of like a gauss rifle with a little less h. recoil but side to side with no bias and 526rof
    526 rof
    526 rof vs the gauss rifles 600, thats true **** tier dps
    increase the horizontal recoil a bit and bump rof to 577, still worse than the NC's but it'll atleast get the job done.

Beamer: two round burst, currently all it does is make me want to macro because its stupid trying to hit this things rof.

Cerberus: short range version of the rebel, should have at least equal to the rebels hip fire accuracy and reload speed. What kind of cqc gun is worse at hipfire and reload?

EM1:
    shares the damage/rof with the polaris but has worse accuracy, higher recoil, and a better reload time, kind of useless as it has a massive mag and is incredibly ammo efficient.
    Make its recoil decrease faster, not slower than the polaris and lower its h. recoil

ACX-11:
    the novelty gun, buff its velocity hella-550m/s sounds good

T-32:
    TR take on a VS gun, all the same accuracy as the polaris, same recoil except non biased and a smaller mag. Why not complete the Vanu-ification and give it a .75x movement multiplier?

Inquisitor:
    damn near inhuman levels of spammage required, honestly this should have been automatic.

anywho that's just my thoughts.
    • Up x 2
  2. Van Dax

Forgot two
    Hailstorm
    Eridani
    • Up x 1
  3. Van Dax

I find it incredibly amusing that every body is so concerned about balance but not enough to talk about it calmly and logically.
    seriously guys what do you think? are my suggestions on the mark?
  4. Bill Hicks

What you said seems reasonable.
  5. MayorD

buff striker pils!!!
    Jackhammer and Enforecer Mod.. hell yeah

well, yes, em1 needs a buff. using this gun since.. long time... accuracy is just hell. ok, like by all other NC guns. compared to alternative of other nations its just bad. i spent like 20+ bullets just to kill one moving unit. To get better accuracy, you need to aim, while enemy can fire, youre dead before you can do a thing.
  6. Van Dax

You don't understand the point of this thread at all do you? Thats hyperbole. Your statement is meaningless when exaggerated so.
    Em1's accuracy is quite decent, and it has an advanced laser sight. 20 bullets to kill is quite common but with an advanced laser and a huge magazine I'm sure its the opposite, they're aiming and you're spraying.
  7. DramaticExit

I would also add the ACX-11's twin to this list, the Reaper DMR - Even with its higher muzzle velocity, it falls short of being useful by some considerable margin. What both guns need most is a longer mag, even if only by five rounds.

Aside from that, excellent post.
    • Up x 1
  8. Van Dax

I haven't used that one so I can't say.
  9. Morpholine

If you buff my Beamer, what will I use for "you should get some situational awareness" humiliation kills?
  10. Cinnamon

200 damage NC guns. Yes raise bullet velocity for all.

AC-X11 also needs larger ammo reserve. As does the Bull. Nobody has any idea why this was nerfed so it has lowest pool for any LMG.

If Bull is made 0.75 movement penalty then there is probably a whole other bunch of weapons that should also be in line for that buff. Adding adv laser sight and adv foregrip as options would be good for it and would fit it's "premium" weapon categorisation.

EM1 is quite a lot like the T16 Rhino except trading reload for some control. My personal feeling on all the sub 698 rate of fire 143 damage guns is that they should have less damage fall off. Especially since they often have no real accuracy bonus vs some 698 guns like the SVA-88.

Battle/scout rifles should be given a two shot burst mode.
  11. Bhudda V1

I will only talk about the 2 i do know

the em1 is in a odd place in the nc lmg arsenal it's fast enough to do ok in cqc but i feel has too little benefit for being a 143 damage /698 weapon with a extremely fast reload i would actually like the reload to be slowed and the recoil to be h recoil to be lessened, this is purely from a ads stand point i personally don't have much stock in a the em1's hip fire potential myself with the advanced laser and don't use the em1's hip fire but once in a blue moon when i have no chance of missing, also some people have said the em1 is a medium range lmg with it's fast reload and generally controllable recoil with a grip i can see this and have done alright playing the em1 as such myself but i feel this is a role the em6 play's far better and to a lesser extent the gd-22s and the gauss saw's so for all my 700ish kills with the em1 i still have very little idea of the em1's true purpose and if someone could tell me please the description and the gun leave me confused.

the ACX-11 is less of a oddball in the nc arsenal than the em1 but still somewhat annoying, none the less it's there and drive's a number of nc engies and la's crazy with issue's that arise under use with the slow fire rate and 2 tier damage drop off of carbine's, slow projectile velocity and small mag but coupled with the fast reload and attachment's it's pretty useable but it absolutely requires you to keep a fresh mag in at all time's with that small of a mag, the velocity being kicked up to right under the reaper dmr would bring it in line with the other 2 200 damage weapon's with the required carbine drop off.

also on a side note i saw a number of people asking for the reaper or the acx-11 to get a 25 round mag in the past and would suggest the acx-11 need's it more even if it get's a on par velocity added to it being a shorter range carbine than the reaper with the damage drop off and realistically the reaper doesn't need anything at all it's a brutal killing machine at anything 50+m like the saw but far more adaptable with the fast reload.

btw good luck van dax on a rage free buff thread.
  12. Tekuila

EM1 needs a 2x reflex too.