No xp if no opposition

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kassidus, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Kassidus

I seem to recall in PS1 that if you were capping a base and there was no one there you got no xp ?
    its been a long time so maybe i remeber it wrong.

I find most of the time the maps turn into a big conga line of caping and recapping bases for xp.

You should only get xp if you have to fight for it.
  2. Freyar

Pretty much. BEP and CEP both were earned only in contested zones.
  3. Krinsee

Yeah unless it was fought for you got nothing but the tactical advantage.
  4. Baby

And we all know how Planetside 1 turned out.

Are you serious right now? Give people nothing to do when no one is on? You want to turn PS2 into PS1 so we have not one but two empty games?

They need to fix what was wrong, not use what was wrong as a model for the new version.
    • Up x 1
  5. VKhaun

No XP without a fight, means no new fights start because there's no incentive to start trouble. Game activity falls to squat.
  6. FeiXue

Yes as that was so often the case in PS1 :rolleyes:
  7. Kassidus

I dunno PS1 seemed to last quite a few years, so saying it didnt work isnt acurate, there should be a middle ground , maybe half xp if empty and a %15 -%20 bonus if there is heavy fighting, makes sense
  8. Flavo

This would be good. That'd also give people more incentive to defend their bases, rather than attacking empty areas.
  9. JeanLannes

I see where you are coming from, as I too get annoyed at the ... "conga line" as you call it, however I forsee a problem with your suggestion.

What happens if by taking these places where there are no opposition you are isolating and cutting off an enemy force? Such as what often happens at Bio labs I find, the defenders are so focused on the Bio lab if your force is quick and organised you can isolate the Bio lab by capping the surrounding hexes without any opposition. By removing the xp for such actions you are not reflecting the contributions that players who do this are making.

So while I agree that the "conga line" is annoying, I don't think that removing the xp for capturing an undefended base is the appropriate solution. Of course this is only my opinion :D

J.