No XP for sucessful repairs?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Falanin, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Falanin

For the last few days, I've been having problems with getting XP for my repairs.

The Circular repair icon will appear and start filling up, I'll get beam on target, their health bar starts going up... the works. No xp, though.

Moving around (generally closer to the target, but sometimes laterally) often fixes the problem, but not always.

Quite annoying to not be getting my sweet squad MAX repair XP. Anyone else notice this or have a fix?
  2. BradersVal

You don't receive xp if the unit you are repairing has taken friendly fire. It's annoying, but it's to limit xp farming.
    • Up x 2
  3. Athanasius

To be 100% clear the game seems to keep track of how much of the health deficit was due to FF, and will apply repairs against that first, not giving XP. Once that portion of the health deficit is repaired you'll get XP for the remaining amount.

At least that's how it seems to work in my experience.
  4. Goats

Indeed. Earlier in beta it used to be that it wouldn't give you XP if any friendly fire was done, but they fixed that.
  5. exLupo

Explains a lot. Thanks, gang.
  6. Falanin

I doubt that this is the only thing happening. I get the same problem with turrets, and those rarely take FF damage.

Can we get some sort of indicator on the HUD showing when we're healing FF damage, so we know what's going on?
  7. Jobarra

I've actually found that hacked turrets at enemy bases are a common occurence. So that might be where the FF is coming from as the empty turret will not denote that it is yours or the enemies. I know I've gotten the warning sound quite a bit lately when trying to destroy each turret at a base during an assault.