No splash damage in VR!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Quovatis, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Quovatis

I noticed that in VR, splash damage from tanks is set to zero. This was true before the hotfix and after. Kinda pointless to test weapons when they don't even function like they are supposed to. You can land an HE round 1 inch from an infiltrator and it does no damage! Please fix
    • Up x 6
  2. daniel696

And the Lock On ability is broken also.
    • Up x 4
  3. EmmettLBrown

Can't use deployed turrets either.
    • Up x 6
  4. IamDH

Been like that for ages
    • Up x 2
  5. vulcan78

Yeah and apparently (unless I am hallucinating) no bullet drop either. This is actually a big deal because if you run out to a distance to practice head-shots at 300+ meters you are not going to be training at all without the bullet drop you would normally see outside of VR.
  6. Kanil

I'm very certain that VR has bullet drop, try using a slug shotgun to see it yourself.
    • Up x 1
  7. vulcan78

I might be mistaken, but I did not discern any bullet drop at distances where I start to see it outside of VR (200+ meters) with the Parallax, a BASR.
  8. Mxiter

The lock on is broken while you're on the main building only.
  9. Halon

Still broken.
  10. Jonny

As a mag driver with racer 3 and full mag burner I don't see your problem and don't like the idea of a directional burner. Yes we have the weakest tank 1 on 1 but great mobility, using the magburner to seeing round and shoot tanks in the butt is great fun. Also we won't get people whinging mags are op. I'd like to see a new new cannon for each faction that does something cool.
  11. Elrobochanco

The Parallax (and the other faction high powered BASR) all have very minimal drop, in actual play you really don't need to aim much higher to compensate for them. As mentioned try a lower velocity projectile, like slug shotguns or NS-7 with SPA/Suppressor. Slug shotguns are like throwing softballs.
    • Up x 1
  12. Halon

13. Ronin Oni

VR has had issues since inception.

It does kinda suck, but w/e. You can still get a feel for handling, rof, etc from weapon systems.

You just have to mentally factor in the Splash damage.
  14. Halon

Why is this still broken?

Do you remember when splash damage worked in VR?
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  15. LIKE A BOSS!

There used to be splash damage in the VR? :eek:
    • Up x 1
  16. Halon

Worked fine until a random update screwed it up. Hasn't worked since, and that seems like 3+months now. How sad.
    • Up x 1
  17. LIKE A BOSS!

I learn something new everyday.
  18. Halon

Up.
    The last content update didn't include a fix for this. Sadface.
  19. Halon

Up. The liberator update didn't include a fix for this. :(
  20. Halon