No Response to Request for observer cam

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by POPCORNpro, Jan 9, 2016.

1. POPCORNpro

I made a request a while ago and no response, I try again a few times. So now I thought I'd try and get your attention via a Thread?

I Make a lot of PS2 videos for YouTube, and I also make quiet a few Cinematic ones (more recently). Someone else suggested that I Request Observer cam.

The Biggest Problem is I often get killed and all the footage is wasted. (while using Stalker/Crouched)

This is a recent Cinematic I did:

This is a short section of my next one:

2. Pandora's Lunchbox

An 'observer camera' would deem game-play unfair, unfortunately, I think. Yes - everyone could use it. No - tactics will no longer exist, with everyone running a hovering security camera in any position; ready to relay hostile tactics and positions, without so much of a hint for the hostiles.

Put it this way, it is a great idea - I would appreciate an easier way to film things like this - but would your sniper squad appreciate me relaying your exact position to my counter-sniper squad? I'm not convinced. ;)

A cinema server would be the 'safer' option, I think - somewhere dedicated to filming action in PlanetSide. Think about it - film-makers would then have to gather up the staffing for their production; which should encourage more effort and art at the same time.

Imagine being able to say, "yeah - I gathered two-hundred players for a massive skirmish and conducted it all, myself, to produce an outstanding video"; which almost sounds like, "we made this outstanding video that brilliantly advertises your video game - you could hire me for your advertising sector". It almost sounds worthy of putting onto your curriculum vitae for use in the filming industry - or even the product development industry (I wouldn't bother trying the former). Players might say, "we wanted ourselves represented amazingly - so we put that much more effort into it, in order to bring about graphical enhancement, additional animation and effects and cinematic artwork. Not just a video-capture of us playing". I mean, if you want to get stuck into games development and whatnot.

Throw it out to them (but please - credit the **** out of me). It stands to reason that they might get loads of suggestions every day and, think about it - a lot of it will be bad. They won't read through all of it. There used to be a working suggestions section (Wishlist), but, for some reason, it's a bit shabby. If you want a suggestion done properly, get a hold of the team's business address and write them a formal letter full of suggestions - not just one. Give them a good read and show them that you want to help develop the game - they might just invite you on board to assist them (especially if you make a visual portfolio for them - you know, models and the likes; digital and physical).

I know I said about putting things like that on your CV, but don't - especially not for the film industry. Get the skills and experience for 3D and 2D digital design before you advertise yourself or they will ignore you for it. I know someone made Falskaar for Skyrim as an attempt to join Bethesda's team, but they didn't hire him - he did exactly what other players can do if they put their minds to it, at the end of the day. Bunjie did hire him for it, but that's beside the point and let's face it - their short-sighted decision to not release Halo on PC was a stupid freakin' idea.

Anyhow, good luck. I'd be interested to know if you do take this further - so remember to post back.
  3. Pandora's Lunchbox

Also;
    Great videos. Keep it up!
    • Up x 2
  4. Pfundi

To my knowledge there is an observer cam. However, they are very sceptical now because some "people" messed around.
    And this is the wrong place to look. You should PM RadarX (on Twitter preferably) as hes the community manager.
    • Up x 1
  5. Pandora's Lunchbox

Beyond disabling the weapon models and HUD in first-person, I don't think we'll get much more - in all honesty. It is definitely something that could be suggested, though - but do bear in mind that Daybreak have a lot more on their plate than lack of features, at the moment...
  6. Pfundi

7. Pandora's Lunchbox

I stand corrected. I don't imagine that feature being returned, though, for the reasons I described in my original post. I think it's better left out or at least for a dedicated server.