no real point for NC players anymore

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by THUGGERNAUT, Mar 29, 2013.

1. WaRadius

I'll never understand people who choose or swap their faction for a pair of weapon or vehicles. I hope the 4th faction would never join VS again. We don't need that garbage.
  2. Fallout10mm

Buy the TMG-50 for TR. It's as close to a gauss saw as TR LMGs get. I love mine.
  3. Stability

I do love it, but the TMG has a big initial Cone of fire, and does less damage per bullet. This comes with the advantage of a somewhat higher rate of fire and less recoil. Same goes for my VS Ursa. 200 damage per hit is still something nobody else has and there is no other automatic weapon in the game that has 0 initial bullet deviation.
  4. Goodnight

Clearly you have not played NC since launch.... it was way worse then, than it could possibly EVER be. Even if they do nerf the max or our new toy.
    I am not worried in the slightest
  5. Messaiga

Ima be honest here, I don't think there are any incoming ScatMax Nerfs. If there are then we are ****** for Anti Infantry purposes, if we can't even pwn within the 10 meters we are awesome at then our Anti Infantry Max is useless because it doesn't really have accuracy at range either. Is there any proof of a ScatMax nerf in the near future or is he just assuming?
  6. Nyscha

It was announced that it would be balanced not nerfed.

Right now the poor VS/TR maxes suck compared to the NC one..
  7. LibertyRevolution

Yes better hover.. scythe falls at 22KPH when your hovering flat not moving, reaver falls at 42KPH..

Vanguard shield is useless, no one shoots at a glowing blue vanguard..
    You don't need to sit and take fire in your magrider, you can magburn or just press A or D to avoid fire.

I have no problem killing anyone with any of the stock VS weapons, they have no drop and less recoil.

If your using the VS max in close range, I think your using it wrong.
    If you think your going to win headup vs an NC max at close range, I think your delusional.
    My VS max is currently my highest SPM class with a score of 93...

VS being dark colored is a plus, how can you think it is not? The other factions would pay SC for black camo..
    The half a sec it takes to ID by sight or to press Q is longer than the TTK on most weapons... So it fools more than you think.
  8. Papio

while your at it, ask higby to fix the prowler gun position ;P
  9. ToggleSwitch

Thuggernaut, it ain't that bad. I play NC exclusively on Connery (with the exception of the Dev's askin for players on a particular server awhile ago). I haven't used the Phoenix and don't roll around in any Max unit. I play HA most of the time followed by Engie, Infi then Medic. I adapted awhile back and do pretty well now. I still get my butt handed to me once in awhile but what the heck... it's just a game and I've learned to deal with it.

From what I've seen on YouTube, the Phoenix should never be used the way I saw it being used. Totally unfair, funny and effective but unfair.

If I had the certs I suit up a Scattermax to see what all the hoopla was about, but I don't so I won't.

Let the gameplay develop for another year or so... then make a decision. It's really not that bad of a game.

PS - I started in the alpha stage of this game and each faction has gone through changes, take my word for it... it's still in development.
  10. Messaiga

I don't know about the TR but you VS Max's sure got the raw end of the meatrod, although how would they balance it? I would assume they would give the other factions 1 shotgun type for CQC and in return give NC an accurate medium ranged MAX weapon like the M3RCY or just buff mattock so it is a shotgun that can only fire slugs and has a largeer magsize but sucks completely at CQC.
  11. Jaes

Threads like these make me sad to play NC sometimes. NC definitely has a higher learning curve than TR and VS, anyone that tries to argue that is just silly, but once you get down how to roll as an NC, it does just as well as the other factions. NC has more specialization IMO so it's harder to play. Once you get that down, you're good to go.
  12. Dethfield

Then why even post in the first place?
  13. Fligsnurt

LMAO now you have lost all credibility. You do realize that the TR got one of the first BIG nerfs (after beta) to all their infantry weapons (And yes this was before I started playing TR, which my change had nothing to do with OP/UP items but more a change of community). This thread needs to be locked already, its nothing but another cry/whine thread. If your going to start a thread at least make it constructive in some way otherwise the fact that you are making a new thread on an already overflowing topic is just crying "look at me, I want attention".

On a side note, I would love my NC weapons on my TR, I have always excelled with them in comparison to the TR weapons that I feel handle like trash, even the VS weapons seem to handle better but its all personal opinion.
    • Up x 1
  14. ROCKFIISH

Err, what? NC is beast mode, same with TR, cant really get on the purple train just yet but I got one a lvl 15 trying to warm up to it.
  15. ToggleSwitch

This...

.... and this...

I do agree with ya RockFiish, although I haven't played as VS... the spandex wearin faction does need something...
  16. xThundergodx

I just find it funny that TR/VS players think that any of those changes will affect anything, it is actually a bother to see posts like these from my own faction because it gives them a bit of a point to come to the forums and say stupid stuff like some posts on this thread. Anyway contrary to the flood of unreasonable and false complains the scattmax nerf will barelly affect the NC, it was a very situational tool that was only really abused on biolab fights and therefor does not affect the battlefield as much as OP tanks/ESFs (yeah im looking at both the crybaby factions that had them). Now if u dont belive my words check the data, it shows that maxes of any faction are pulled around 5 times less than tanks/esfs and score 5 times less per hour so all that massive complaning is nothing more than senseless crying.

The phoenix change was called for, it was never made for the purpose of infantry farming and to be fair the people that were abusing it werent really being helpful in fights since they were too busy farming quite similar to snipers that sit 300m away from the fight and dont bring anything positive or useful. No clue if the extra damage was necessary since i dont own one but doubt that made as much difference as the new crybabys seem to make of it, point is it works as AV effective so NC didnt really lose anything.

Oh and just one last thing ALL NEW LAUNCHERS WERE A MORONIC IDEA SINCE THE GET GO. Get that on your head, they should have never being added and due to how they work it will be impossible to strike a proper balance, they either gonna be OP or UP no matter what is done. The Lancer is a great example right now it is garbage but if they give more damage there is no way to stop it, but if they dont it sucks, same applys to the striker, it either is a stronger version of the annihilator (remember that cute thing people flood the forums that needed nerf?) or it aint and therefor is garbage. Make peace with that statement and curse SOE for being such money hungry that they put releasing new items over balancing the game.
  17. Vapid

The Pheonix needed the infantry damage nerf so people will actually utilize it as intended. The fact that they didn't have their **** squared away to begin with (and never do when releasing new weapons) is just the usual business practice of SoE. They want you to spend money. They make you sign a contract that gives them the right to change the game as they see fit, regardless of what you spend.

So they create something awesome (borderline OP if not blatantly OP). Then once they've tricked people into spending money to buy it, they nerf the **** out of it. I'd venture to guess they don't even playtest this **** before they throw it out to the masses because...why should they when they can just make a quick buck? It's a free to play game, so they have to bring in revenue somewhere.

Is it ****** up? Sure. Deceitful, underhanded, etc. But you agreed to their terms and conditions, so spend station cash at your own risk.

Moral of the story? Don't buy ANYTHING until it's been released for at least a month.

As for the comparisons you're making such as vanguards vs. prowlers vs. magriders - you must be pretty bad. Because my certed up Vanguard owns the sh*t out of magriders and prowlers.

Go away, the NC doesn't want cry babies. Go join the VS, they practically quit the game in DROVES when their sh*t got balanced. Plenty of cry babies over there that'll welcome you with open arms.
  18. PBRStreetgang

Were balanced with the other factions would be more appropriate. Until more Dev's start complaining and crying in their meetings about other factions being OP the way they obviously do about the NC we will continue to get everything that works nerfed until it is useless. SOE only seem to listen to whinging and complaining and then nerf, nerf, nerf.
    While the Phoenix may have one shotted inf it also means you have to stand still while the rocket is in the air, which normally equates to death when Snipers, Hvy Inf, or aircraft are around. None of this, nor the extremely long reload were taken into account when it's usefulness was reduced to useless because they don't care. None of them play NC so they could not care less, all they think is "awwww i got killed with one shot... it is op and should be Nerfed", so that happens.

The NC either have to start complaining on the level that the TR and VS do or just leave and give them to 1 on 1 game they desire because nothing seems to be changing on their end.
  19. Messaiga

The Phoenix is NOT useless. With the tiny nerf to it's Anti-Infantry capabilities no longer letting it 1 shot them it brings everbody who has it to attack enemy armor, and on this double XP weekend that is amazing because mainly using the Phoenix against armor today I have made about 400 certs, so don't be saying that our camera guided beast machine is useless. I also got quite a few kills against infantry, not as much as before but the guys who are injured certainly die and give me the points, and if not I get the kill assist. Also from what I know Higby is a very NC guy, no doubt about it. Devs care about balance but sometimes they over shoot the line between balanced and UP, they did not do that with the Phoenix.
  20. Sinist

With a name like THUGGERNAUT you know he has to be a SCATTERMAX/HACKSAW noob :)

Sorry you cant bust slugs into people's dome anymore and own fools.

Maybe you will have to learn how to aim now.