no optimization for gu08?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Hatamoto, May 2, 2013.

1. Hatamoto

Just wondering .. among all those released items i cant see optimization mentioned anywhere. Again.
  2. Jac70

There was a lot of talk about future optimisation during late beta and early release. In that time I haven't noticed any significant change to any aspect of performance so I expect what we have now is about as good as it is going to get.
  3. Van Dax

4. Cryless

if this is the best they can do then they should probably quit their job!
  5. Primarkka

And in that case who would optimize this game?
    Some guy who has to learn the engine for the next 3 years before knowing where it could be efficiently optimized?
  6. Cryless

don't try to be smart
  7. Primarkka

You're so smart you've already backward engineered ForgeLight and rewritten it with 2001 player support @ 250fps.
    Nicely done!
  8. NanoBitSplit

They don't bother putting in patch notes about optimization these days because they know as soon as they do, 80% of the playerbase will receive a 10fps+ hit when the update goes live.
  9. QRLegion

Not really had much to complain about performance wise. There were a few days after a past patch (GU03 I think) where it was mostly unplayable, but they fixed that within a few days.

Since GU06 the performance has been fine for me, rarely goes below 50 fps

I only have a mid range system, so maybe it's something else that's giving others problems...?

I run at 1680x1050, all on high except flora and shadows on low.

intel 2500K @ 4GHz
    8 GB Ram
    Radeon 6970 (2GB) at stock speeds
    Win 7 64 bit