No medals on M7 Chaingun, why?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Ivanbell, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Ivanbell

So, I bought M7 Chaingun with the remains of my college alpha-squad funds. The thing is, after gunning down a few dozens of Vanu scum bodysuit enthusiasts, I couldn't help but notice a sad lack of certs from medals. After a quick trip to my stats page, I found out that Chaingum in fact does not have any medals. Why is that? Is this a bug / overlooked issue or is it intended by design? I am asking because I love me some certs and medals are not big, but noticeable source.
  2. SixVoltSamurai

I'm kinda hoping that it's just slightly buggy and will be fixed, since there's quite a few weapons that don't give medals yet weapons of similar design or in the same category do. Like how AA bursters can give you medals for kills (which is probably well deserved) yet heavy cyclers do not, well at least not the upgraded versions, I haven't used the default ones in months to remember if they do or not.
  3. Dankshasta

default cyclers do give medals, in fact it appears all default weapons do.
  4. Novmiech

I believe you do actually get the certs - but its not listed.

For example you get cert awards for each type of cannon on your prowler (heat, HE, AP respectively) as if it was a different kind of weapon - but when you look at your stats page you cannot see the medals or even the weapons for which you receive them - but I promise you do!
  5. Zaik

Like most of the stuff related to the heavy weapons, it's just not finished yet. They may still be awarded as Novmiech says though, it certainly wouldn't surprise me as the medal system seems to be a little wonky atm with rewards and such.