No map/lattice awareness...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nuggz, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Nuggz

Its getting really frustrating listening to all the folks crying about being double teamed when their own faction's platoons set up the double team via their choice of base targets...

Example: Attacking Ti Alloys as the faction holding the north WG.... First off you're fighting up a hill into the face of an entrenched enemy (already extremely stupid), secondly even if you're getting kills the enemy is getting FAR more due to their superior position. You're not farming so much as BEING farmed. Third and strongest reason to not push Ti from the north is if you do manage to take the base (most often just end up helping whoever holds the crown take Ti) all you've really done is place yourself DIRECTLY BETWEEN your two enemies, reducing the number of possible combat lanes between them and increasing your chances of being double teamed. 9 times out of 10 when a double teams is happening you can trace its origin back about an hour to the series of poor choices of bases to assault leaving the enemies little option but to BOTH focus you.

If all you're interested in is "farming" or "killing" at one base for your entire play session there are literally hundreds of other games, designed to do JUST THAT, out there.

Would be fun to see populations actually MOVE on their own around the map. To actually learn how to fight in ALL bases and not just their favorites. As it is now you have to drop in and purposely shut a farm down to force the derps to move elsewhere. It gets really old seeing BR 40+ people who've hardly seen over half the bases in the game cause all they do is farm and be farmed with the lemmings.
    • Up x 2
  2. UrielSeptimIV

I guess we need more rewards for playing objectives...
    Maybe new directives can help, for example:
    Tech plant base directive: Defend/Capture tech plant X times.
    T1 reward (5 defences/captures): 50 certs
    T2 reward (15 defences/captures): 150 certs
    T3 reward (30 defences/captures): Tech plant banner
    T4 reward (100 defences/captures): Skin for spitfire turret
  3. Nuggz

meh, I get plenty of certs going for objectives... grinding for purely cosmetic upgrades or a small stipend of certs holds little sustained interest for anyone but a mindless drone.
  4. Blam320

Talking about poor map awareness?

How about when the Wildcards send a full platoon to ghost cap a base, when we could have used the reinforcements on the other side of the continent, stopping an enemy zerg?
    • Up x 1
  5. FateJH

Maybe they just don't care.
  6. PlanetBound

When I see my faction doing 96+ battles I know we won't be getting any ching ching.
  7. Blam320

Their leadership doesn't care in the slightest. Being the largest outfit in PlanetSide has caused them to become lax. They don't teach their members any legitimate strategy, because they always know they can dump four Galaxies worth of troops on a base and pretty much have an automatic win, unless they meet a force of equal size, in which case they're screwed because their over-reliance on zerging and tendency to switch lattice when they run up against stiff resistance means their individual gunplay and skill royally stinks.
  8. iller

I uninstalled this game in 2016 mostly because I couldn't take anymore of the NC always rushing straight to the center of the map or straight into a Farming trench where they were just begging to be 2 v 1'd every single alert. I thought I'd start reinstalling it now mostly b/c B.D.O. just committed design-suicide and I figured that all the new Field Base features and other player extracted resources from the FIRST game would hopefully alleviate a lot of this blatant idiocy despite the NC's old patterns.

I guess not even the Devs can fix "stupid" though? That's okay...
    I made a friend in BDO who pilots for Terran so I'll just play with him and circumvent the NC's self oppression from now on...