No Lodestar how about a Galaxystar

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hereyagoboom, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Hereyagoboom

So yesterday as I was admiring my Galaxy I notice the ramp, it's even not painted nor is it used. What's up with that? In PS1 we had the Lodestar which if I'm not mistaken could carry a lightning but no MBT,s. This aircraft clearly should be able to do this, its massive. The Galaxy is an over glorified trooptransporter that gets dumped after the drop. This is a travesty, please Rogue give this the glory it deserves. I so badly want to find a Battlegal outfit or make this thing support like a freighter. (Before you post its support I just want something a Sundie doesn't do) Oh well, you are all awesome thanks for playing this game.
  2. Scrundle

Not many are likely to remember this but way way WAAAAY back the galaxy was actually intended to be a vehicle transporter, meant to combine the roles of the lodestar and the galaxy gunship, similarly to how the current sundie is a combination of the old AMS and Deliverer.

However, the idea was quickly abandoned as they noticed that the maps are far too cramped and the bases far too close together to warrant the ability to move tanks by air and that was BEFORE the lattice system so now they'd really be pointless. You spend longer getting the tank into the gal than you spend transporting it from A-B!

I was an absolutely dedicated Lodestar pilot, she was my baby back then and I still miss it badly but there's just no room for her in planetmans 2. We picked things up, we put them down again. We made invisible shielded radar equipped forward bases, we brought enough sandwiches for everyone in the trunk too. Those were the days.

Good eye though, most people never notice.
    • Up x 1