No launcher on Steam

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Vantal, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Vantal

So I've uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times today. Once even using the normal download from this site, the others via Steam. The same problems happens both times.

The game is installed, i click on it to start and Steam will tell me it's running for a few seconds before going back to normal.

I've tried validating files, nothing there, i've also made Ps2 launcher and game an exception in my antivirus, i've deleted the cache files.

I even made sure I had the most recent Windows download and yet still nothing.

This is the only entry in the ERR file that this generates.

"UnableToDownload - SocketError:Host Not Found (11001 - 205.185.208.88 - http://launchpad.patch.daybreakgame...zs/65/4bb/5e97f377543757a1ab2b748b163abbfd89f"
    • Up x 6
  2. Dragonaud

I have exactly same experience.Steam version doesnt even start to launcher, games quits itself after while.
    Standalone version loads launcher but throws error UnableToDownload - SocketError:Host Not Found (11001 - 205.185.208.88)
    Looks like patch delivery servers are not connected.
    • Up x 7
  3. Vantal

When did it start happening for you? For me everything was perfectly fine until about 2 days ago.
  4. Brroleg

Same. I got lucky that this is the day i decided to try comeback to the game after the long break. And got this problem. I googled, and some ancient post that google got me suggested that this some virus, like wtf i freaked out, and some other ancient post suggested that ccleaner solved the problem. But for me ccleaner only deleted some of my browser settings for some sites, logged out from every site etc. Very annoying. Your posts calmed me that its not some virus lol. Now will just wait for devs to solve this.
    • Up x 1
  5. PhatJay

Same same
    • Up x 1
  6. WEBERSKI

24 hours of waiting and no approximate information
    • Up x 5
  7. vVRedOctoberVv

Well, I dunno if I'm glad exactly, but I can see it's not just me. Same here, Steam shows as playing for a few seconds, then nothing. Manually attempting to start the launchpad = nothing. For that matter, uninstalled on Steam and attempted to download directly from the website and the download button does not work. Clicking it literally does nothing.

Seems to me the PS2 servers are borked for the time being. Was fine just a few days ago.
    • Up x 1
  8. 0V3RK1LL

same here
  9. Waste Of Memory

Same, just tried to come back after not playing for five years and cant get the regular version to launch at all while the test version will bring up the launcher then error out with "UnableToDownload - SocketError:Host Not Found (11001 - 205.185.208.88". The website download redirects to a 404 as well.
    • Up x 1
  10. 0V3RK1LL

a guy already figured it out in steam and the game is working. why are this dev not figuring this out
  11. Moeshadan

L
    Lot's of "fixes" floating around. I tried the one you are probably talking about. Got the launcher going (progress) but still getting an error when I try to start the actual game.

Might work in some cases, but the problems are more than simply client side.

Makes you wonder what the actual root cause is. "Problems with our CDN provider" is vague. The dev updates are confusing in general, The latest update is about EU ping issues, and sure, but many aren't even able to start the game, in the EU or not.

I would be fine with a "we don't know what the issue is, or how long it could take to fix", but that doesn't seem forthcoming.
  12. 0V3RK1LL

looking like Friday is a no go for planetside 2. what a waste.
  13. 0V3RK1LL

now that I remember this has been happening for a long time now. Every single time I reinstall this game it never wants to run the very first time. I have to try a second time so that it runs. Now this happens
  14. Vantal

Can we all remember to bump this post up guys, just so the devs at least get the bloody message..