No aircraft HUD or related features show up.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by sosolidshoe, Jan 24, 2013.

1. sosolidshoe

Yeah, this one is bugging the hell out of me. I'm running the game with everything maxed out save for GPU physics(ATI card), I'm positive I've turned on every option I can find, yet I don't see ANY of the HUD or shield effects; no aircraft HUD, no projected display above terminals, no visible shields on MANA turrets, no glow effect on Heavy's who've activated their shield, nout.

I didn't see them in beta either, but I assumed that was because I was running on low settings with a budget card(6850), which I've since upgraded to an OC'd 7970. Am I just missing something really obvious, or is it an actual bug, and if the latter does anyone know of a fix?
  2. BenYeeHua

Maybe you disable the HUD?
    Or the HUD file is damaged.
    Try validate your file.
  3. sosolidshoe

I don't see how - I had the same display issue during beta, but since then I've completely rebuilt my PC including a new SSD for the OS/games, and I only reinstalled PS2 yesterday. I can't even find an option in the settings menu that relates specifically to the HUDs/projection/shield effects, but in general as I said everything is on max.

EDIT: OK, validated the assets, didn't help. Checked all the settings ingame, the only HUD related one is under General and is on, but that relates to the whole HUD, not just the elements that show up as effects over the top of the basic cokpit(stupid filter) render. All the dropdowns are set to High, Ambient Occlusion and VSync are on, resolution is 1920x1080, Fullscreen - changing those had no effect either. Also, I forgot to mention, there's a weird yellow line along the top and left edges of the screen, it almost looks like the screen is very slightly offset, again changing options has no effect on it.

I tried rolling my drivers back, forward, and side to bloody side to no avail(I sequentially rolled all the way back from the current 13.1 to 12.4, then back again). Screenshots don't even seem to work for some reason, I just get pictures of my desktop.
  4. sosolidshoe

OK for some reason I can't edit that post again, so apologies for double-posting.

Here's a few paint-edited images I cribbed from the web to show what's not being displayed(the last of the three also shows what I mean when I talk about the odd yellow lines);

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  5. Clonecenter-resident

I had the same issue, i changed video cards and it went away. I have since learned that it is related to AA and AF on ATI video cards. Specifically, turning those ON will cause those items to not draw. Try playing with those settings ( ie, either lowering or turning them off) and see if that helps. Good luck.
  6. sosolidshoe

Switching everything in CCC to "use application settings" has fixed it, thanks. Still, it's bloody ludicrous that the game won't let my £300 graphics card use its full potential.
  7. Sliced

On the ATI CP do you have it all the way on performance regarding the slider?
  8. sosolidshoe

You mean AMD Overdrive? Oh no, the card I'm using is an MSI model, it has a modest factory overclock, but it's fully-reference including the cooler, I won't be pushing it any further until I get my own custom cooling solution on there middle of next month. Still, with everything ingame maxed out, I still got 40+ FPS with 4xAA, 16xAF forced through Catalyst, and it's galling that I have to turn that off just to get the game to render basic HUD elements.
  9. Sliced

I have an Nvidia card, and never used ATI before so I'm not sure what it would be called.
    However, in Nvidia you have an option called "Adjust Image Settings with Preview"
    Under that tab you have 3 settings,
    Let the application decide,
    Use the advanced 3D image settings
    Use my preference emphasising:
    1) Performance 2) Balanced 3) Quality
    The 3 above can be changed with a slider. Some people who mess with the setting and use Performance have experienced some bad effects where some things will not be rendered as the ATI control panel will disable the effect in game.

I hope I have made some sense!
  10. BenYeeHua

Yes, as this game don't support some AA ways.