Nice patch...BUT

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PanzerShrimp, Jan 12, 2013.

1. PanzerShrimp

When are you going to take the VS down to equal playing ground? THE LONGER YOU WAIT, the more people will join to take advantage of there easy mode weapons and Ggod like tank/ESF.

And because of this, when you do balance them there will be more rage quit and tears and that equals less money for you!
    • Up x 2
  2. VSDerp

us vanu not op
  3. DNSCRASH

I don't know if Vanu is OP or not, but when I login to my Vanu character and play with the stock weapons, it feels like super easy mode compared to playing my well-certified TR character.
  4. Raichu

Agreed the guns have no recoil and no bullet drop its like wtf haha
  5. Itermerel

only the vanu music is op
    • Up x 2
  6. Serjikal

This man speaks the truth. Flipped over from NC to VS.. stock medic/HA weapon is amazing in how easy it is to use. Trigger Discipline you say? Not on VS.
  7. PanzerShrimp

Add that with best MBT, and Best Dog fighter ESF.

Makes them pretty damm OP.

And no, damage degradation is not a fair trade off. You have to connect one extra shot at very long range, big woop.
  8. Talizzar

Believe it or not most skilled gamers will avoid the easy side because they actually like to be challenged.

Can you provide some population stats across all servers that show Vanu is vastly outnumbering the other two factions? I don't think so.

The only change I would like to see in Vanu land is that they make them easier to see at night or allow the other factions to have similar camo patterns for night play.
  9. MrPokealot

As an NC player, this is how I feel
    • Up x 4
  10. Iksniljiksul

Problem is that when a NC LMG user starts getting hit the large recoil on the weapons throws the aim off in a huge way. VS LMG users do not suffer the same way. If they could lessen the NC wobbly effect of being hit it would even things out a lot.
  11. Badgered

That's funny, because I feel that TR is easy mode with their giant clips, good damage, and manageable recoil and COF.
  12. Xind

Why not enforce their supposed disadvantage? They don't have significant damage fall off inside ranges infantry fight. Personal testing has shown their weapons maintain damage out to 60m and have the same fall off as TR weapons. What if they actually suffered damage fall off at 45m as they, sort of should? I don't mind them being OP accurate, but that accuracy carries at long ranges where they are supposed to be POOR at. Instead they're the best at distance.

Also, yes. I test VS, saw the superiority and went right back to TR. Knowing my enemies were better equipped but not more capable. It is satifying to defeat superior equipped opponents. (Stares down the NC scattermax - Turns to red goo)

As far as the Scythe being better then the other ESF. I feel this is true, but only to a very, very minor extent.
    The MBT differences are more glaring and the weapons for VS HA are what really stand out to me as crazy.

Why do you need more ammo if you can hit every shot with greater ease? Why do you feel like managing recoil is easier than having no recoil? (very low recoil) VS and TR have the same damage on most weapon types also, and the Orion has the same RoF as the Carv.
  13. Talizzar

If there is no fall off of damage then that sounds like a bug and should be fixed. Have the Devs stated that there should be a significant fall off of damage? If so this is something they could check easily.
  14. Xind

I believe VS extra fall off starts at 75m, but frankly that's too far out to give them several advantages for. I believe it was stated in the original concept of the race, but, maybe they repealed it. I look for the downsides of each race. To me, NC suffers terrible recoil, TR has somewhat paltry accuracy, and VS has ??? It's supposed to be damage fall off, but it's just not the case. And do understand, these are generalization of the races downsides and each has weapons that do not follow that trend.
  15. Fox234

I find these threads funny because my NC has a higher KDR than my VS, yet my VS has more unlocks.
  16. ent|ty

And yet small groups of us on TR and NC can still repel their forces, whether people feel they are OP are not....
    Ahhh Perception. a powerful thing.
  17. Sheherazade

As a Vanu player I have to say...

nerf the base Assault Rifle and the base Heavy Assault weapon.

I think they're TOO GOOD for being the basics..and yes blah blah blah all weapons are sidegrades..but SOE needs to stop acting like that...there is weapons that are simply better than the base guns on the other factions.

But for Vanu I think the base AR and LMG are too good. Carbine not sure... I think that one is fine and the basic Vanu sniper is a derp weapon so that doesnt need nerfs.
    • Up x 1
  18. LeanV

It couldn't possibly be that all the new players join VS or anything...

"Yo! Johnny-who-plays-planetside! I was thinkin' of join Planetside, and I was wondern' whats da faction wit da most advantages?"

"VS dude. Thought you were going to play NC with me?"

"NAW MAN I PLAY FO KEEPS."
  19. Nogrim313

now be honest how much bullet drop do you get inside of that 75m?

the zero drop really only helps our snipers, and people with 4x + scopes, that exact place our damage drops off
    leaving the only ones really benefiting from no drop as our snipers and rifles in single shot mode

the biggest disadvantage that no one seems to want to mention is our hey shoot me im over here laser shots that light up the night and to a lesser extent during the day. we may be harder to see when we aren't firing at night but easy as hell to see when we do. but that doesn't fit with the QQ majorities narrative so we'll just ignore it
  20. Locke

I think there are probably some things about the Vanu that are more powerful than TR or NC at the moment but also I think there are things about TR and NC that are also. Two things that spring immediately to mind from recent experience are the speed of a Mosquito jet allowing it to outrun or chase down other jets and the NC scattermax being devastating in close combat.

I think we ultimately need to decide if we want all the factions to be the same with only aesthetic differences to distinguish them or to accept that we will not always be on an even footing in all areas and we need to learn to use the tools we have available to our best advantage. I'm not saying that something seriously below par or something that is dominating the game should be ignored but I really dont think some of the complaints made are taking into account that even though you may not be the best in one area your faction probably is the best in another.
    • Up x 1