[BUG] New "zoom to my killer" function

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Toldeman, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Toldeman

Whats up with the new "zoom to my killer" function?!

You know, that this destroys Sniperplay at all! Or killing an Aircraft from CLOACKED Sunderer? Silencer for Snipers? Lol, you can kick those items now.

Planetside IS NOT Battle Royal!!!
    It DOES matter, to find a hidden location! IT DOES matter to disturb the enemy with sniperfire. Get rid of that stupid "feature" - please.

I stoped playing today after 10 minutes: I got a good sniperlocation, killed one enginer at a terminal, 30 seconds later, killed from that enginer, who switched to sniper, and back to enginier. Siperplay is useless now.

You have to decide: Do you want a tactical teamplay shooter with great gamestyle options, or you want a stupid fragger like hundreds else allready on the market?

I wanted to play PS2 so bad today, but this is stupid as hell... Playing EVE Online instead.
    • Up x 1
  2. ican'taim

it does make it easy to find hackers though, so there's that.
  3. TR5L4Y3R

it also does matter to not remain in the same possition like a rock .. ..
    • Up x 2
  4. Toldeman

This is the definition of a sniper :)
  5. Scroffel5

Most players stand still when they snipe. The death cam basically tells those players that they are stupid and need to move. Its a two edged sword. It helps new players learn to move, but it also gets them killed.
    • Up x 1
  6. Scatterblak

Ooops. Dead wrong here. You, apparently, don't main an infiltrator. The idea of attaining secure/superior/high ground is intrinsic to the class - it's one of the advantages that make up for the fact that infs have, well, basically less of everything else that the other classes have (firepower, offensive options, defensive resources, etc.). more than any other class, infs have to learn to leverage their environment - and instantly, the 'no sKILL cam' obviates that. Granted, there are a lot of players who need the crutch - the ones who stand there, not moving, or who never think about looking up (trees, on top of structures, etc.) - but it's hardly 'balance' when another class is accidentally nerfed, and then everyone gets on board with 'well, it helps the plebs survive'.

So, no, forcing an entire class to abandon their superior.higher ground and expecting them to mix it up with all the other classes with more armor and more firepower isn't a good idea.

• Up x 1
  7. Scroffel5

Yes, but all the kill cam does is bait counter snipers to shoot at you or the occasional non-infiltrator to come and kill you. If you are good enough, that gives you more opportunities to kill. That isn't necessarily a good thing, because it also gives you more opportunities to die. Yes, as you said ingame, it isn't necessarily targetted to nerf infiltrators, but it did, but we should just live with it. Back before the kill cam, I didn't have much trouble finding infiltrators, and this doesn't change that. It makes it easier for people who didn't know how to find snipers, but at the end of the day, it gives you information, and the noobs who don't know any better choose not to use that information to their advantage. That is what I have found. I go on a killing spree, and no one comes for me until they do.
  8. waystin2

You really should shoot and move. The first thing I do is go try to eliminate the guy who thinks he can stand in the same place shooting away at me. If you were killed it is because you made a mistake, not because something is wrong with the game.
  9. TR5L4Y3R

you know it´s called an infiltrator ... not a sniper? sniping isn´t the only capability of this class ..

and seriously if you rely purely on your enemies unawareness of you to be effective than you are not effective to begin with ...
  10. YellowJacketXV

Pfffhahahahaha
    Farmer, not sniper. Snipers job is to shift the line of battle with excess pressure and threat. Holding specific territory really only works if you have high ground over a plain of battle.

I will admit that I've used killcam to wreck "backline" sniper campers though. The type that sit with a phaseshift behind enemy lines on a towel just within render range. But a good sniper is slightly mobile and knows how to play the intelligence game well with enemy tracking and movement.
    • Up x 2
  11. Demigan

Real snipers move.

They did botch the system though. Silencers for example should have mattered. And only for the lower BR's should you location be automatically revealed to help them learn the game. Higher BR's your location should only be revealed if you were spotted.
    • Up x 1
  12. Demigan

I do well with infiltrators because I don't do the obvious thing. (although... Obvious? It seems obvious for other players, but never to me. Why would you sit on the high ground and just expose yourself?)

Real snipers also don't go for the high ground, they go for the ground with a view of the target, and then they try to minimise the view as much as possible. They don't hang out of the window, they'll prefer to put a table as far back into the room as possible and fire from there. The less visual you have of the area the target will be in the less people can spot you and retaliate.
    Further real snipers also fire only a few shots and then move to avoid the whole "someone might have noticed my fire and is coming for me".

So you should try it. Instead of the quite frankly stupid idea that you should stick to the high ground as a sniper, which only gets you counter-sniped or hit on by an LA, you should be sniping down low on the ground. Best scenario is where your enemy only shows his head for a few moments every now and then and you can pick it off, and even with the killcam they are hardly any wiser. Then when they ineviteably come looking for you (which they already did before the killcam due to the deathscreen visual cone that shows the direction of your killer) they walk to your position and find another bullet in their skull from a different position. Playing your enemy is one of the more important things to learn as an Infiltrator, and nothing is so juicy as relocating and watching for enemies who think they can catch you off-guard only to shoot them instead. While this type of combat is more risky, it is also more valuable for your allies. Most high-altitude snipers only pick off players standing still or get people out in the open to be more aware when they get fired upon, while as an on-the-ground sniper who picks off people in cover and generally infiltrates in order to wreak havoc and disrupt the enemy is an immensely valuable asset for your team.
    • Up x 1
  13. Zagareth

Good that I found you post... I was just considering to come back to the game. Now I know it's not worth it. Thx
  14. Scroffel5

If you only care about the possibility of you being found out after you kill someone and use that to decide whether or not to come back to the game, you weren't going to come back to the game in the first place. If something that small keeps you away from a fun play experience, then why bother?