New Vanu Comet

Discussion in 'MAX' started by innersphere1, Apr 19, 2013.

1. innersphere1

So now dual comet shoots 4 decent velocity bullets, but do less damage. I had no time to test it , opinions on it? Is now comet finally decent at killing tanks? What about infantry?
  2. UltraTech

Yesterday I exploded prowler from his back with 8 bullets, maybe lucky?
    Second prowler run away with panic, so fast his comrade exploded.
  3. Rodek

Funnily enough, instead of buffing the comet's viability against vehicles they buffed the anti-infantry capability instead. A second shot before reloads makes it easier to hit infantry but only increases the time you expose yourself to vehicle fire. Overall the damage reduction and 2-shot magazine lowered its dps by 30. The patch that was supposed to buff it against vehicles essentially nerfed it.

I would wait for the empire specific AV MAX weapons to release before sinking any certs or SC into a second comet.
    • Up x 1
  4. LibertyRevolution

It is a nerf... they lowered their damage from 500 to 350.
    It used to 1 shot people when hit with my dual comets, not anymore, so not sure how he thinks they are now better for AI.
    They are going to bring out the new faction specific Max weapons, so they had to nerf these so you would buy those. :rolleyes:
    Don't forget, in typical SOE tradition, they put them on sale 1 day before they hit them with the nerf bat. o_O
  5. Ronin Oni

New Comets are a Boon...

You can fire both off 1 arm, then the other, alternating reloads to maintain constant fire against infantry. 2 quick double arm shots against tanks.

They aren't amazing... but they are decent.
  6. Rodek

They do 350 direct and 200 splash damage for a total of 550 per comet on a direct hit. 1100 for two rounds will kill any infantry not using nanoweave 5 or HA overshield (flak armor doesn't affect direct hits with explosives). So yes, you get two chances per mag to kill an infantryman.

EDIT: Just did some testing in the VR and found that there's a ramp-up mechanic on the damage. The shots need to travel 25m before they're able to 2-hit infantry.
  7. Ganjis

I like the new Comet for fire-support in mid-long range battles. They are decent against vehicles and great against infantry. Not so good for indoors as before when you could kill infantry as quickly as you could swivel-aim to make both shots hit the target. Outdoors though, they are a nice anti-everything gun- provided you are part of a larger force with an ammo supply (they go through their ammo very fast and only relaid two shots per arm per tick).

Any engineers see a Comet MAX, drop a box by its feet, you will get resupply XP like you wouldn't believe.
  8. Quiiliitiila

They are better at AI, but MUCH worse with AV. The added projectile speed makes it much more reliable to hit infantry and moving vehicles, but the damage nerf has mad it much harder to kill or harass vehicles without exposing yourself for a LOOOOONG period of time. Which we all know equals death.
  9. Ibuprofen

Wow, did not know that. That sort of thing should probably be reflected in the damage drop-off chart, because, unless it's changed since last night, the comet damage vs range chart currently shows a flat line.
  10. Pikachu

They could double shot infantry before. I'm sure that got to feel for those who liked to use dual comets. I think they should restore it's damage.
  11. Adeon

I think old comets(1 ammo) with present dpm would be much better. Rising after firing aim dot are terrible.