New TR Max ability in development

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dragonblood, May 24, 2013.

1. Dragonblood

I heard there is a new TR Max ability in develpment. It's specially designed to fight infantry units. You can toggle it on/off to trade some movement speed for increased accuracy. It sounds better than lockdown anyway, cause you can move slowly around corners or cover. I think SOE wants to name it crouching.
    • Up x 3
  2. Cougarbrit

I lol'd
    • Up x 4
  3. GraphicJ

MAXes look so cute when they crawl. Makes me wanna pull their cheeks before I ram my Liberator j-ihad style on them.
    • Up x 1
  4. Dragonblood

well, that sounds efficient.
  5. SolLeks

It is, he may really kill them instead of just exploding.
  6. Dragonblood

yeah, SOE is great at balancing. I have shot down more aircrafts in lock-down mode than I have killed infantry units. AA is OP and AI would be UP even if they give the TR Max a 500% RoF increase.
  7. SolLeks

All I can think of when reading this is this:

this is 3000 rounds in 1 min, think how long your 50 round mag would last ^_^
  8. Cougarbrit

Um, did he ever even hit the target?
  9. Dragonblood

looks expensive XD
  10. SolLeks

lets see... 3k 7.62x51 @ pre gun scare price of .40c a round = ~$1200
    saying that there are about 7 civilin legal M134s out there (manufac pre 86, and sold by GE to pub) the gun is probably worth 100k+ $215k as of 09 (http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2009/10/21/ge-m134-mini-gun-fully-transferable/)

I guess that ammo is not really that expensive if you can own the gun =0 (and I want a NFA toy, but I am thinking more like an $5k Uzi or $6k FNC...)

His target is 1 KM out, that is more or less sniper range (M16 is good for about 300M effective, can hit targets up to 700m or so, 7.62x51 is quite a bit more powerful than 5.56x45 and used in plenty of sniper systems but the minigun is not an accurate weapon, its just made to put as much lead down range as possible).
  11. Pikachu

Our NC MAX is always cute.
  12. Dragonblood

A gun for rich gun lovers. o_O

Anyway I don't get, why they sell those to civilian. XD

Yeah, crawl back into a mine with that mining suit. XD
  13. RHINO_Mk.II

No, but he sure scared the bejeesus out of it.
  14. Dragonblood

Anyway back to the topic: In my opinion that upcoming crouching ability will be too powerful. They will probably nerf it after the release.
  15. Being@RT

It's a hunting weapon, I'm sure.
  16. Dragonblood

Well, every nation has its own mentality. :D
  17. void666

Zombie apocalypse.
  18. Dragonblood

yeah, beware of Zombies and dangerous minorities. :D