[Suggestion] New TR LMG - based on TORQ 9

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Kociboss, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Kociboss

So basically I auraxiumed every single CM weapon and then decided to get the Butcher on my TR HA. Suffice to say, I was slightly underwhelmed by its performance after unlocking it.

Yesterday I relogged on one of my VS alts and got 24 orion kills in a row right away:

https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428229842957113633/killboard

I generally think that TR LMGs are lacking. MSW-R was the only workable one for me tbh. I would love to see a new one, based off TORQ 9 design, i. e. Low dmg profile, high velocity, high rpm. For example 798 rof, 125 dmg, 100 bullets, 600 m/s, modable. no additional ads speed or anything like that ofc.

What do you guys think?

PS.

here are the TORQ - 9 stats:

[IMG]
    • Up x 6
  2. WarmasterRaptor

I'd like TR to finally have their signature LMG.
  3. ATRA_Wampa-One

Rumor is that the next round of infantry weapons will be new faction LMG's and that the TR's will be a high ROF 125 damage one.

Math wise, 143/750 = 125/858 so I would actually expect it to be the same ROF as the TORQ (857) with either poor accuracy but 0.75 ADS, or better than MSR-W accuracy but not as good as the TORQ and 0.5 ADS.

I would be really shocked if it had Lynx ROF since that puts it into the realm of 143/800 guns and no LMG has that much DPS by design.
    • Up x 4
  4. Corvus Corax

You'll be lucky if most your shots hit with the Lynx, that's the downside.
  5. Neo3602

I think that a TORQ like LMG for the TR would be very nice.
    • Up x 1
  6. ATRA_Wampa-One

It's only a question of when then since that's the strongest rumor of the three new LMG's (i.e. it's the only one I've heard and I've heard it multiple times).

VS is rumored to get either be a 167/600 or another 143/750 LMG, and NC is really conflicting as they'll either get a 143 damage LMG with either 698 or 750 ROF, or a 200 damage LMG with around a 525 ROF.
  7. UnDeaD_CyBorG

I'd be for a 155/625 for VS, think of it as integrated Softpoint. :p (or maybe 125 with 0.5m 25 AOE) And hopefully heatsink.
    That said, a TORQ-like LMG for TR is looking pretty likely. 800 firerate might fir the bill as well, 845 tops.
    Question is, will it be a large mag or a faster reload.
  8. NCstandsforNukaCola

I'd like to see Bull revamped like TORQ if there are no longer new LMGs.
    • Up x 1
  9. drzerg

for me ADS accuracy (may be as a result of high speed as well) is the main TORQ feature. i will be happy just to have it on my heavy as it is now. i do not care of other things at all. it could be 143/750 with 40 magazine and fast reload or 125/858 with 100 magazine and long reload. if it loses its accuracy it will be the same as other terran LMG.
    • Up x 2
  10. Sabreno Carvaroni

Sadly if TR will get an LMG with such damage\RoF profile then accuracy will be lower than AR's. Best move accuracy for LMG is .35 if memory serves, so I'd expect something like .3 Maybe .25 in case of lightning striking SoE headquarters or something.
  11. pnkdth

That would piss me the hell off as I didn't pay SC for it to turn into a new weapon because some TR players does not like it.
    • Up x 2
  12. Dualice

I think this is a good thing, personally. The class already has the infamous NMG, as well as many more bullets per mag than any other class. I'd like to see a TORQ-style LMG too but don't think it should be as accurate as an assault rifle.
  13. Sabreno Carvaroni

I personally would love to see guns being available by tiers rather by 1 type specific to 1(2 in case of carbines) class. Like heavy having access to AR\carbines\SMGs, medic having also carbine etc. More so I would love to see more class customization so you wouldn't be stuck with set number of tools/abilities as it is now. Something new like having a medi-gun and NMG\jetpack or something crazy like that, but one can only dream.

Although yeah, as classes are right now LMGs are stuck with low accuracy and crappy hip-fire.
  14. Pfundi

Wouldnt be belt fed look awesome? I mean just like in Battlefield, but here it would be something special.
    With like 800-845 ROF, 125 DMG and 200-400 Shots per magazine (maybe without ammo for reloading?)
    I hope NC gets some LMG that stand a chance in CQC and isnt fckn expensive :)