New Stats Please

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MorganM, Jul 17, 2014.

1. MorganM

KDR: Traditional KDR
    • Inlucde revives on players website like it does in game

KDR++
    • Include revives on the players site
    • Assist should grant a half Kill (+.5 to K)
    • Being killed by a teamate does not count as a Death.

VKDR: Vehicle Kill Death Ratio
    • Destroying a vehicle +1 Vehicle Kill
    • Your vehicle gets destroyed +1 Vehicle Death
    • Assisting in destroying a vehicle +.5 VK

Class KDR:
    • Seperate KDR for each class. Traditional KDR is still your overall KDR for that character.
    • A Kill or Death from one class is not reflected on another class KDR.

Class SPM:
    • Seperate SPM for each class. Traditional SPM is still your overall for that chatracter
  2. Demigan

And objectives completed/failed. Such as Generators overloaded, stabilized, deployed sunderers destroyed. Dieing nearby them rewards you a failed objective (you only get failed objective stat when you log out or respawn so dieing after putting mines and a grenade will still count)
  3. Plunutsud pls

Please explain the point of this.

How is traditional kdr and spm not enough to satisfy your lust?
  4. isaidhi3

5. Demigan

Because KDR is a warped system that rewards tactics not favorable to the rest of the game. In fact, most tactics rely on having a random group perform a job to keep the enemy busy, allowing you to bomb the **** out of them with tanks/Libs/ESF without them being properly able to retaliate.
    But what's the KDR of the people who make it possible for YOU? it's low, lots lower. I personally think that practically everyone with a high KDR did it by NOT doing the objectives.
    When there's a MAX crash or any other invasion, you'll find me at the front charging in. But most of the people? They are afraid they might get killed and let others go in first. This results in failed attacks and failed tactics simply because they think their KDR is more important than getting the objective. This isn't just some team deathmatch, this is a game with objectives and goals that can require forethought and tactics to achieve. KDR doesn't matter, what you achieved does. Any fool can learn how to search for a Zerg, get a tank and start that KDR to go to the roof, most of the time their kills barely matter anyway! It takes skill to have a high KDR while truly supporting the objective. But you can't SEE that.
  6. Plunutsud pls

I mean what does kdr and spm even give you besides numbers to look at?

It's not like it's rewarded by anything.

I just don't see the point of becoming obsessed with it.

There is no MLG meta here or anything like that.

Some people will always farm and some will keep feeding the grinder.
    • Up x 1
  7. isaidhi3

Bragging rights and d*** measuring device.
    • Up x 1
  8. MuNrOe

Just make it so any kills obtained behind a shield or in a spawn room don't count towards you K/D.