New Saron buff tomorrow

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ih8Darian, May 23, 2013.

1. RX530SS

Ok, thanks. :)
  2. Metallic123

Just turn the Vulcan into the banshee, problem solved
  3. LibertyRevolution

Because I have cap/defended ~6,000 bases, which impacts the game more than a stat like K/D..

788 is actually a really decent impact score for your playtime. I say your doing just fine.
    Just get out there and cap/defend some more bases and you break 1,000 in no time.

I play light assault 90% of my playtime..
    I spent many hours suicide running at armor before the C4 change.
    I am also my number 1 killer as I used to /suicide instead of redeploy..
    Then I found it counted as a death, after like racking up a 1000 deaths, lol.
    ACC.. I spray with a GD-7F.. talk about a bullet hose..
  4. Van Dax

That would probably do it, doesn't that thing work like the shredder?(haven't tried it)
  5. Metallic123

Yea, but they could decrease the AOE damage from 200 to 50 and leave the 150 direct damage the same. Just don't give it the same AP qualities as the current vulcan.
  6. Selerox

I think a lot of VS is still hoping that the New Saron ends up going the same was as New Coke....
    • Up x 1
  7. Vortok

So the Enforcer splash was reduced as a token gesture, but should still be enough to one shot most infantry (on top of being faster again - speed boost likely aimed at long range AV work). Seems like it might just be high enough to kill someone even if they have nanoweave 5, we'll see. Unsure if flak reduces splash damage when it's added to a direct hit or not. Saron splash got significantly boosted seemingly for the sole purpose of letting it one shot infantry with a direct hit.

PPA didn't even have a chance to start being used for AI work. Now we get a 300 velocity, no drop, no fire delay, 6 shot AV weapon that has rapid fire for extra lulz that everyone will use against infantry instead.

The Saron cone of fire got tightened far more than I expected. Vulcan got a token buff.
  8. NccWarp9

Am still waiting to hear from someone at Sony to whom do I send my request for refund of Certs and Money.
    This is not the gun I purchased and this is not the gun I spent my hard earned certs on.
    If I wanted this "new" sauron I would have bought something like PPA.

It is incredible rude what they did. And I expect a refund. I have no use for this gun and no amount of buffing and polishing will make it right what they did.
  9. Achernar

Saron and Enforcer will be one hit killing infantry. But as soon you get some flak armor...
    700+450*0.61 = 974
    425+850*0.61 = 943.5
    (This is flak 4)

Maybe time to equip more flak armor again.
  10. Rown

As far as I remember, flak does nothing when it's a direct hit. So, a rapid firing, semiauto, 6 rounds gun that one shots infantry? I'm going to dance in front of every magrider in sight shouting pick me! pick meeeeeeee!!
  11. Achernar

Well...it does nothing to the direct hit dmg, but to the area damage I think? Thats why I calculated the full direct hit dmg and just reduced the area damage.
  12. ladiesop

Weapons like the Saron and Enforcer (and tank main guns, launchers and so on) have a direct component and splash.

Flak reduces splash damage, but not direct.

So you would take full direct damage (425) from the Saron, and with no flak full splash (850), but with flak the 850 damage is reduced by x% depending on flak level, so it will be 425 + (0.5) * 850 for 50% reduction due to flak.