new rocket launcher?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Heyitsrobbie1984, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Heyitsrobbie1984

2. Pfundi

Rocklet Rifle or Thump thingie. Never played PS1. Was intended to be LA, wasnt it?
    • Up x 1
  3. BlueSkies

Either thats the new anti-material rifle... or some sort of sniper rocklet

Also.. this weapon looks awkward as hell to operate
    • Up x 3
  4. Heyitsrobbie1984

i have no idea, i havent played planetside 1 yet
  5. Pfundi

The Anti Material looks different. Without that chambers.
  6. gartho33

o_O

what in the world???? they better not give that thing to infils.....
  7. Heyitsrobbie1984

haha rest assured. my guess is this is gonna be for engineers or heavies. they do love their explosives though
  8. CapperDeluxe

Is the rocklet launcher for sure.

Only question now is which classes will be allowed to use it. Engy and Heavy are most likely, assuming its a primary weapon slot weapon not a secondary like normal launchers. I will keep my fingers crossed for Light Assault to be able to use it too though :)
    • Up x 1
  9. Ronin Oni

I expect it will be a new launcher to take the place of the dumbfire/lockons/ESRL

I expect it to fire 5-6 rounds in rapid succession at very high velocity and low drop with minor zoom...

so sorta like a lancer w/o charge up but likely better accuracy for firing single shots faster (Lancer blooms like crazy, but that's to keep ranged DPS down to promote charged use).

Also sorta like the Striker... except striker isn't fast enough projectiles for long range really. It's more reliable to get hits at 100-200m than a dumbfire, but not quite good enough. I expect this will surpass the Striker for long ranged AV and will become common in NC and TR aresenals for their ranged HA AV.
    • Up x 1
  10. DxAdder

Looks like the art work for the upcoming Rocket Rifle (PS1 Weapon)

It sorta worked like the current striker but in full auto mode the CoF bloom was pretty big.
  11. LodeTria

Can't wait for another HA AV weapon.
  12. tf2hero

13. z1967

Its the Rocklet rifle (can be inferred based on the previous tweet by soleiNC4life). I also hope that its an LA weapon, seeing as the class does need a role other than "C4 delivery and noob farming class."

I could see it working as a close range AV and anti-MAX weapon. Maybe taking up either the primary or utility slots (or even a third tool slot). Regardless, can't wait for it to hit PTS.
    • Up x 1
  14. Flamberge

Yes.

Add this along with dual-wielding, just for the lulz.

LA's dual-wielding two of these...
  15. Pfundi

Dual wielding wont come. So why even think about it?
  16. HadesR

More EXPLOSHUUUNSSS !!!!!

Just what the game needs :rolleyes:
  17. ColonelChingles

You have to hold the thing upside-down over your head or sideways in order to use the optics, duh!

Like this:
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  18. FateJH

Rocklet Rifle!

The only question is what target is it designed to work against - Infantry or Vehicles.
  19. Pfundi

Mix em: MAXes. For LA.
    Frags, UBGL, C4 and that thing. Fear me *lol
  20. Pikachu

Enough with the silly stocks and grips. There's more than enough of that in this game.
    • Up x 1