New Reaver "Art" is Terrible, Please Do no Implement.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by DorianOmega, Apr 1, 2014.

1. DorianOmega

The new Reaver's "Art" as posted in the recent update log is terrible, all thats been changed is a revamp of the textures and the way camos are mapped with the addition of more Blue colored stripes added to the craft making them conflict pretty heavily with any camo thats not supposed to make your craft blue, all the yellow camos now conflict with the blue stripes that were added.

This will make the Reaver have the most colorful mapping of any other craft on par with how the NC galaxy and NC liberator have it, the newer doodads added are nice but adding blue stripes and making parts of the reaver not have camo applied to it very limiting when applying a camo that works with the color scheme, if your going to implement this new color scheme to the reaver you should apply a likewise one to the other ESF's.
  2. Alarox

Agreed completely.

There's no need for vibrant blue and yellow stripes for two reasons:
    1.) It is a Reaver. We all know what faction it belongs to.
    2.) They don't match other NC colors or camos and seem out of place with the rest of the game. It feels kind of like drawing something with pencil, then coloring parts of it with marker...
  3. Van Dax

exactly like the mag change. I feel for you my naive brothers.
  4. XXBLACKATTACKXX

Dont do this and revert the mag
    Those spliced plates should not be purple it looks awful
    and the Saron should not be purple either it should be the camo color.

Don't **** up vehicle looks. Just please don't
  5. Regpuppy

I can understand something like this on NS vehicles and even infantry to some degree, if done right. But has anyone ever really mistook ANY of the actual faction specific vehicles for another within render distance? The overall shape and design philosophy on the empire specific vehicles makes this redundant and useless.

The only reasons we've gotten for stuff like this is the possibility of "dual camos" which we've seen nothing but random tweets from T-ray about or the very vague tweet from him alluding to the (very unlikely)possibility of vehicle hacking. But since we've seen no serious information on this, it just feels arbitrary and lacks any sort of benefit to anybody.
    • Up x 1
  6. Autorelic

Has nobody seen what they did to the model when they finished? Go put on some Tiger fins and watch your tail cosmetics rotate with the thrusters. Maximum lolz then maximum rage because I bought those on Live...
  7. Kadulu

does anyone has screenshots? I cannot find anything about this.
  8. Doomzzg

• Up x 3
  9. Llaf

I, for one, like the grey.
    • Up x 7
  10. stalkish

I think it looks good.
    • Up x 6
  11. Regpuppy

I'm ok with gunmetal grey, it's just the blue they use and where they put it that screws with camos. Maybe this is a kneejerk reaction by myself, but I just think it can be done better.
    • Up x 1
  12. ZeroErrorz

Is it just me or grey make the reaver looks like an NS BULLCRAP
  13. Tar

I wish they would get rid of the "chipped" look.
    It's annoying and ugly.
  14. Kadulu

Thank you for the screens!

I personnally like it, when I come back from work I'll make my final opinion. The grey metal make the reaver less flashy in my opinion but that's true that the blue may interfer badly with some camo.

Cannot wait to test it out!

Edit: I would personally have added some more details on the grey texture, it seems too uniform. The ancient reaver had some details like usaged painting for example. Maybe some touches of black or a little bit more of yellow/blue since its the color of NC. But I still like it as it is, I guess dev are trying to make economies of resources.
  15. Pikachu

Make it look NS with a few screaming high saturation colored spots that ruins camos.
    [IMG]
  16. user101

Why.. I would be ashamed to fly one of these now....! It looks like a TR mos... only worse. ...! Ha ha...

You can call it ghetto bird...!
  17. RIctavius

The new grey gives it sex appeal. (You can still cover it up with camo afterwards -.-)
    • Up x 2
  18. Doomzzg

No it doesn't.
    Some people don't want to wear camouflage on their vehicles, and now the reaver is a shell of it's former self.
  19. RIctavius

Because its more military grey ..... than toy blue?
    • Up x 2
  20. CMDante

I like it, gunmetal grey is a good look for it.
    • Up x 1