New Player stuck on faction select screen

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by ShyShield, Jul 22, 2023.

1. ShyShield

Hi there,

My friend is new to planetside 2, but I've been playing for a while and there seems to be a login bug for new vs old players.

I can select my character, start, and enter the game with no issue, but my friend can't login without being faced with an empire select screen that doesn't work.
    They're given the option to choose a faction immediately after loading the game, but can't select a faction or do anything. All files have been validated and they've tried a game restart and PC restart with no effect

Any idea what's causing this?
    • Up x 7
  2. Stroncy

It was also. Now: Game Error G15
    • Up x 1
  3. NivekelyoD

Same here, Player stuck on faction select screen
    • Up x 4
  4. KillRoyHere

I'm getting a "Character Currently Unavailable"
  5. BlopTheBlam

my login screen has been buggy since server came back from maintence, i either see no character models, or broken models, and no name, or level in the character discription
    • Up x 3
  6. Christianus

I just installed Planetside 2 again. Was playing it months and years ago. Experiencing the same issue.
    Radeon card. Tried adjusting Radeon settings, scaling etc. Nothing helps. Can't click on anything. Also character is unavailable?
  7. lynxlynx2014

i had that for a while yesterday, but then it changed to "CHARACTER UNAVAILABLE" instead....
    • Up x 1
  8. Player Juliett

Yeah, i have the same problem since yesterday... first it was reported as Error G15 (at this point, my login-screen still worked), now there is no more Error-code... just the broken login screen

i could login in on the "Miller" Server, but not to "Cobalt"

Is there any chance that some technical support team-member could help us?
  9. Mangallorien

Same. All characters unavailable.
  10. X21K

Hi ShyShield,

There was an update to the game and it has caused all kinds of problems.

People like myself, get a G15 error when joining Cobolt (Europe Server), followed by "CHARACTER UNAVAILBLE" - PS2 is basically all messed up at the moment.

I don't think the Dev's work on weekends so its not going to be fixed anytime soon. Maybe Monday after the double xp event.

Shame about your friend playing the game for the first time, encountered this situation and making things even more confusing them. Unfortunately, there are always bugs with an update; so ironically, the worst time for your friend to start playing is after an update - which I know, doesn't make sense in the least.
    • Up x 3
  11. Player Juliett

Thank you, for the information. I hope this **** is going to be fixed the upcoming week
  12. Topsniper01

I wish I could play for the first time... stuck at the same screen.
  13. SSava131

hi i downloaded planetside 2 and i wanted to play but my faction selection is not working how to fix it?
  14. Mithril Community Manager

Hi everyone, we are in the process of restarting servers to address the log in issues that started over the weekend. We will be back up in an hour. Please check our twitter account for further updates.
    • Up x 2
  15. placeholder22

Miller, getting G15'd on character login
    Edit: Worked after about 5 tries
  16. 1glyn1

Getting G15 logging into jaeger but not logging into miller.
  17. Mithril Community Manager

Has this been resolved today for you all?