New Player Experience Bug: TR Mission "Back to the Front Lines" Unable to talk to Sanctuary NPC

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Tenkata, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Tenkata

I created a new TR Character on Emerald and completed the tutorial. I then decided to go off and do my own thing and ignored the quest up until level 15 or so. For the sake of getting the quest off my bar I decided to go back and do it but I have found that I am unable to talk to the Field Officer.

I know from completing the quest on a VS character that the subsequent portions of that quest would have had me "Reach level 3" as one of the objectives. So, my uneducated guess is that may have something to do with why this character is unable to talk to the NPC, as perhaps my character is far above the expected level for the mission.

Steps to re-create bug:

• Create TR Character
    • Play through tutorial
    • Complete Basic Training Missions without speaking to the Field Officer
    • Reach Level 15
    • Go to the Field Officer on Sanctuary, the option to engage in dialogue with the NPC should no longer be there.
    I have also filed a ticket related to this bug #1021141 and Customer Service has directed me here. One of those folks has logged into my account to look at it. If the Dev team needs to log in to my account for any reason in regards to investigating this reach out to me via Email and I will refrain from logging in.
  2. Tenkata

After having attempted to recreate this bug on the PTS, I have noticed that you can no longer leave the room in Sanctuary with the Field Officer without talking to him, so this shouldn't be a problem now, though if it is a recent change or one that has been on the PTS a while I do not know.