New Pistols! Overview and impressions

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Plague Rat, Jul 15, 2013.

1. KillSwitchWes

To be clear these are not the famed "Empire Specific Pistols". These are just new pistol variants with some more empire flavor to them and like the OP put it "The factions basically did a pistol swap".
  2. Blarg20011

Yes I know this.
  3. KillSwitchWes

Sorry I replied on the wrong one... I fixed it.
  4. Blarg20011

Lol, I was kinda wondering where that came from.
  5. Elrobochanco

You'd think the cerberus would be like a three shot burst or something. I still don't know what role it's supposed to fill vs the manticore/beamer or NS pistols.
  6. Tekuila

Wtf happened to the auto pistol.
  7. KillSwitchWes

Again, these are not the "Empire Specific Pistols", just new variants.
  8. Tekuila

Yea I noticed that when I seem the SOE post.
  9. Lorginir

Well, NC got improved Repeater, VS got extremely potent pwnage tool and TR got another piece of ****. Sure, why not, it would be stupid to expect something different.
  10. Bill Hicks

going afk is more powerful than the buggy knife
  11. Rigsta

My thoughts:

TR Inquisitor: Low damage per shot, but laser-beam accurate even when hipfiring and fires as fast as you can click. And 30 shots per magazine.
    NC Desperado: A little hard to handle and the 2-round burst is a little odd, but it seems to be a solid alternative to the Mag-Shot and Rebel.
    VS Cerberus: Cheap Rebel knock-off. Fires a bit faster but has terrible moving-hipfire and ADS accuracy. Useless.

I'm serious. Look.

[IMG]

That says to me that if I end up duelling a guy with a Rebel, I'm probably going to lose because his weapon has higher effective damage outside of knife range, and though it fires slower he has better accuracy while moving and MUCH better ADS accuracy - which means better chances at headshots and multiple headshots.

Also remember: Nanoweave 4.

Finally, let's have a look at the other VS pistol (no not the beamer :p)

[IMG]

Again I see shedloads of red and very little green. Even taking knife tactics into account, why would I take the Cerberus over the Manticore?

I'm glad to see the splash damage is going - not much point in a pistol that drains your own shields.

Without some significant changes I can't see any reason I'd want to spend SC on this weapon. If someone can tell me about some big advantage I'm missing that mitigates or makes up for all its shortcomings, I'm all ears.

Um... it has terrible accuracy.

I love the sights though. Those are cool, very nice and clear.
  12. treeHamster

Actually the Cerberus is a dumbed down copy of the Rebel. If anything the VS got the crap end of the deal because the TR and NC both got something that has at least one "top" stat (i.e. a stat that outclasses ALL other pistols). The VS just got a crappy Chinese copy of something the NC already have. If you look at the VS pistol's, the other factions have versions of them that are better:

Manticore = less accurate Magshot
    Beamer = Emporer with less ammo
    Cerberus = crappy Rebel

Inquisitor = Emporer with 30% more ammo, 33% higher RoF, 12% less damage/bullet
    Desperado = Beamer with 2x RoF and burst function for 17% less ammo.

We have to pay 250 certs extra (or more) for something you guys. I really wouldn't whine about the Inquisitor because it'll be up there with the shotgun pistol for infiltrators when the overhaul comes and you can shoot your pistol with the cloak up.
  13. Imposer

This gave me a good laugh. Seems like for a close range finishing weapon this would be really effective. I can just imagine one person using it and missing every single shot, flailing wildly, while the other guys just stands there confused. The other guy then gets killed after knifing this guy because he was laughing too hard to pay antention.
  14. SpaceHobo

i probably wait for the new empire specific pistols. I bet a full auto pistol will be hilarious, if you combine it with the stalker cloak.
  15. Mythicrose12

I'm sure hilarity could ensue. I'm also curious how stalker cloak + NC scatter pistol will work (mainly how powerful the scatter pistol will be....or not).
  16. eldarfalcongravtank

was looking forward to a high-firerate vanu pistol, not this revolver ripoff
  17. slitchyfog

/sign
  18. Aglethe

Yeah a VS burst pistol would be a rather nice addition.
  19. Takoita

As other people have already said, there is no reason to grab the inquisitor in the form it is currently on PTS.
  20. Puppy

But Beamer is my favorite pistol :c Why do TR get one?