New outfit wars focused on more exposure to the map

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by iller, Jan 28, 2021.

1. iller

I never really talked about it here, but I was in the 2nd tier of Connery's first Outfit War had a lot of fun in that otherwise ridiculously short match. "Having Fun" is something I never really talk about here either. Some would know I'm usually a grievance poster 90% of the time.

The map's Tileset is perhaps a bit... barren... Art wise. But the Layout I found to be a lot better in terms of putting a focus on LOGISTICS and all those things that veterans of PS1 have screamed over and over again that they'd rather see in Ps2 over non-stop 10 second respawn & ReDeployside.

Now I don't think that Construction itself is actually in a place it really needs to be to support this sort of map and playstyle ALL of the time. but I do think it's one of the keystones in holding more than 34% of the map during Trial matches in the most crucial last 5 minutes of every match due to how "fluid" the bases can potentially change hands when you have even 1 or 2 Ace pilots providing Air support directly overhead, or a couple harasser daredevils putting pressure on the open-ground point hold inside of each Donut-building.

And being able to play it more than ONE TIME only per season, makes a much better re-use of the resources that went into creating all this stuff. And it's always encouraging to see them re-use serviceable Content as opposed to throwing it all away a season later (one of the main reasons I Quit Guildwars2 years ago and never came back)