New NC and VS AP mines.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by m44v, Apr 26, 2013.

1. m44v

Just like they changed AT mines, now Proxies and Betties are more visible, they have a slow blinking light. Claymores seem to be unchanged.

I'm fine with the change to be honest, prox were specially hard to see in the nights or over dark floors.
    • Up x 18
  2. Spadar

At least they didn't make them three feet across. I was expecting it.
    • Up x 3
  3. EvilNinjadude

This'll probably be useful for people who can and do play on highest settings, where the clutter and detail gets in the way of seeing the actual Mines. I haven't come across any with my lowest settings, so I don't know if I can see the flashing too.
  4. Tobax

Thing is that if your smart then you were already placing them next to doorways or behind objects so enemy couldn't see them, so if your still using them smart the blinking lights won't do anything.
    • Up x 1
  5. EvilNinjadude

I play TR and use Claymores. Facing across doorways. FUN TIMES ARE HAD.
  6. Metal Insomniac

Thanks for the info.

It seems like a reasonable change to me. Just for the record, I do use them and I am not worried about it. Good job, SOE.
    • Up x 1
  7. Tobax

To be fair we've said since beta that yours need changed to be a flat disc too, its not really fair on you since your claymores are so easy to see... not that I want to die to them or anything but still.
    • Up x 2
  8. EvilNinjadude

Yeah. Anything that's not a doorway becomes a pain to trap. Like generators. And there needs to be an option to rotate the mine explosion detection so that it faces YOU and not away from you.
    • Up x 3
  9. Clutchstep

Ignoring that it makes no sense to make an AP mine that blinks like that (especially that NC one), I'm fine with this change. For people who know where to properly place mines, this will probably slightly reduce their kills but won't make that much of a difference. For all the noob engineers that stick them out in the open, this is still probably not a big deal, as most people don't want to look at the ground for some reason.
    • Up x 3
  10. Jac70

I use proxies all the time but I am in support of the change - any mine should be at least avoidable by aware players. The blinking may make them 'too' visible at night but we'll see how they work when they get updated.
    • Up x 5
  11. EvilNinjadude

Agreed. They could even make AT mines smaller again and most visible from the top, forcing drivers to look at the road.
  12. BalogDerStout

/Done playing engy
  13. Tekuila

Why? This is more than a fair change.
    • Up x 1
  14. BalogDerStout

With the exception of the AV turret and the ammo pack, I'm better off pulling HA for any task that the engy would be used for. Tank mines have already had their effectiveness reduced, and AI mines are now going to get the pass as well. AI mines are suppose to make up for the lack of extra health and shield, that's now going to be questionable.

Basically in almost any or all situations I'm better off being another class, either HA, LA or MAX
    • Up x 1
  15. EvilNinjadude

Unless you're a big fan of repairing stuff. Ammo packs are actually quite important for AV, especially if there's not a lot of terminals nearby.
  16. Ravenorth

Not affecting my game play so much, since I always put my mines on dead angles, which cant be seen unless you actually bother to look around for them, but lucky for me that majority of people are too busy run'n'gunning around instead of being more careful.
    • Up x 1
  17. notyourbuddy

Pulse rate is a little fast for my tastes especially if you plan on making the light that large. I mean the NC one almost covers the entire disk. The two mines now look like the lights you'd put up on a tower so planes would never hit them. We are kinda creeping back into the anti-tank mine (which thanks to their can't miss size are now useless btw) territory where we now allow people moving fast to easily spot and avoid mines when we should simply be rewarding those who are cautious and paying attention.

I'd rather of seen a smallish red blinking light placed somewhere on the NC and VS mines while decreasing the vertical size of the claymore in half to balance the three out. Oh wells.

Question is... do the mines still drop under the floor? If so then the changes still won't stop people from QQing as they won't see them or the new blinking lights.
    • Up x 2
  18. ChickenCurrys

lol, this change will make them almost useless, make the blinking light less visible please and we are fine.
    • Up x 1
  19. Fenrisk

Dumbing down AP mines when they should of buffed claymores to be flat without lasers? It's not like flak armour made AP mines useless is it?

/facepalm

Stupid design choices catering to noobs because it seems players don't stick around PS2 after a day logging in.
    • Up x 8
  20. Badname2490

I love how stupid this is....

VS: Proximity
    NC: Proximity
    TR: Directional
    • Up x 10