New max idea thread

Discussion in 'MAX' started by crippler38, Nov 24, 2012.

1. crippler38

Now I know that many people have similar threads out and about but I want mine to be special. I want you to read what I think then post your ideas, now on to what I would like to see (please note that I can't play the game yet so if you think anything is OP please say so, but do not be a jerk about it)

NEW GEAR
    NC: as rebels using old mining gear as weapons of war, I wonder why not use the mining tools to crush foes

PLASMA CUTTER: an ark welder melee weapon that can be used to cut through tanks and infantry pretty quickly
    PROS: good allrounder that can make the max even better up close
    CONS: burns through ammo, works at melee range

MAX LIFTER: grabbber claw that can hold things in place such as tanks or could be used to attach maxes to the underside of a galaxy for some extra firepower
    PROS: allows you to move max around easier and keep those fast vehicals from crushing you or running
    CONS: removes a gun slot

FORWARD SHIELDING: creates a heavy shild in front that allows the max to advance under heavy fire or create a shield wall
    PROS: makes the max tougher than normal while allowing smart players to kill you
    CONS: sprint is pretty good for chasing and the shield can be flanked

SHOULDERMOUNTED SAW:adds a saw that fires in front of you when certed adds ammo and at top level another saw
    PROS: more firepower
    CONS: requires ammo

VS: when they use alien exo suits I think they should get some more exotic gear

ENERGY WAVE CANNON: a short range gun that sends out a pulse much like an emp grenade
    PROS: tanks and soldiers can't retaliate as well and you can remove shields at close range so units actually can die from single guns
    CONS: no damage and less mid range firepower

VANU LINE RIFLE: a massive sniper rifle good for single targets and if you can aim
    PROS: lets you hit foes from far away
    CONS: low fire rate makes it terriable for up close

INCREASED OPTICAL LENSE: allows the ability to zoom which can be magnified by the longer you hold the button
    PROS: allows for longer range combat
    CONS: useless up close

VANU STEALTH FIELD: allows you to move silently and while cloaked(breaks when you fire
    PROS: can sneak up on people and allows you to shoot to break cloak
    CONS: invis is still invis

TR: as an organized military why do they still have such bland gear

MISSLE POD: 4 missle launchers straped together for maximum carnage, note it shoots them in
    PROS: missles are better than those flimsy grenade launchers
    CONS: pretty crap vs infantry

TWIN CARV RIFLE: it is some LMGs put on one hand so with 2 = 4 heavy assault rifles
    PROS: really shooty
    CONS: bad reload time and burns through ammo fast

FLETCHET COUNTERMEASURE: small grenades planted on your shoulders that blast darts ahead of you
    PROS: great for room clearing
    CONS: really easy to getfriendly fire or to miss

HEAT AUTO TARGETER: gives you thermal optics and allows for air and land vehical lock on
    PROS: lets you see better at night and shoot air down with your bursters or missle pod
    CONS: not as usefull during the day

well be honest what you think of these new abilities and weapons
  2. FallenArchon

Melee weapons

NC - robocop 2 Cain piston with a block of steel at the end

TR - blade like in there emblem ( because onthink in the past before rebirthing most soldier would of been in maxes)

Vanu - pulse fire Fist ( powerfist )

But in honesty a melee weapon would probably come with a NS shotgun attachment and get increase damage done but max fist.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/my-thoughts-on-the-max.52051/
  3. crippler38

forgot to add this but comment on others ideas and also
    NC:WIDE BORE ASSAULT CANNON: essentially a machinegun that uses large shells that deal big damage when they hit
    PROS: high damage mid range cannon that can kill infantry and hurtpilots that get to close
    CONS: shells are slow and do not explode or hurt heavy armored targets like tanks

VS: VANU STUN ROD: releases an area of effect energy pulse pulse when it hits an organic target
    PROS: good for clumped up infantry that think the vanu are no good up close
    CONS: still is a melee wepon that uses energy per pulse

TR: HEAVY MORTAR CANNONS: allows you to bombard an area with missles that break apart after impact and then explode like frag grenades
    PROS: great for clusters of infanty hiding behind cover
    CONS: bad if your foe can run away from the grenades and has big drop
  4. crippler38

aww crap I double posted this and made a newbetter one... just read new max gear instead