New MAX AV mechanics

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by skoorviel, Apr 17, 2013.

1. skoorviel

The AV MAX weapons now fly like rockets (less bullet drop) and deal more damage to vehicles!
  2. Radec594

Not to mention, on the TR Pounder HEG mag capacity has been increased from 2 to 4 on each arm.
  3. JayScribble

Also the VS Comet having now 2 instead of 1 "Lasher" shot per magazine. It's not really an improvement, but it increases TTK on vehicles (it's still too long, but it's an improvement).

What changes did the NC Falcon have besides the magazine count? (It's still 1 shot per reload)
  4. Whiteagle

Falcon was probably the only one that didn't need a buff, it wasn't the greatest AV option but it was the most usable out of the MAX Weapons.

How is the flight on the Pounder anyways?
  5. Pikachu

No improvement to falcon? :mad:
  6. Torok

wtf the falcon is still work in progress i'm sure of it, it has no use as of now o_O
    it deals the same damage against vehicles and nothing has changed against infantry (still takes people down to 10% except infiltrators, those are OHK) but now fires Rockets, that means that they are easily spottable, slower and easier to dodge,
    i'm pretty sure it's far from reworked

rocket animation is the same as the striker (basic nc launcher)
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

1 hit = half flash life

[IMG]

1 hit = bot infantry to 10% just like old falcons, even if sometimes the actual falcon on live servers instagibs, and not on infiltrators
    this one doesn't

[IMG]

damage on the stats ingame was 700 (250 indirect damage) just like the current one, it's still W.I.P. imho
  7. KariH

Falcon is very good defending spawn points and specially agains tanks. Thanks to its very curved trajectory. Falcon max is almost walking mortar unit.
  8. Goretzu

That is a bit strange given they were supposed to be bring out rocket AV weapons (as well as the current AV weapons).
  9. Torok

aye, as of now i think the MAX revamp won't include every weapons, so far we've seen on the plate
    NS Flamethrowers / NS Grenade Launchers / Reworked current AV weapons / Empire specific Rocket Launchers
    that looks like way too much to be implemented all at once, I bet we'll get a few of them and the others in the following weekly patches
  10. Ashlander

If thats what you think of the Falcon then go make TR and test out the Pounder MAX. It has WAY more arc. I cant use it for anything personally its too clunky. Looking forward to trying these changes out...
  11. Torok

i just tried it, it's horrible :(
    maybe after a little practice? still didn't quite like it
    and the new falcon is derp, but still more "useful"
  12. Ashlander

That was kinda my point torok, it is WAY harder to use than the falcon. I am truly afraid what it will be like after todays patch...these notes are ominous.