New Map! Koltyr! :D

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Paragon Exile, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Paragon Exile

[IMG]

From Reddit:

From
    GG SOE :D
    • Up x 12
  2. ajma

That is actually a pretty good idea for the NPE. Good job SOE.
  3. RykerStruvian

It's a good idea, but it's definitely not a sanctuary. A sanctuary would be an persistent area themed towards your faction. And the warpgate(s) for the sanctuary would be linked to a continent to provide a permanent lattice link unless they links get rotated. The point of the sanctuary was to have an area to regroup prior to an op, pull any kind of vehicle for your faction, use the VR training area, or board he HART to 'redeploy' via drop pod almost anywhere.

So while it's not 'sanctuary', it is a good idea and step in the right direction for new players.
    • Up x 1
  4. Whiteagle

...This is not a Sanctuary...
    This is Kiddypool Indar...
    • Up x 12
  5. Dieter Perras

I've seen lots of new players complain about getting "thrown in the deep end" per-say so I'm looking forward to seeing whether this is more noob friendly :D
  6. Metalsheep

The landmass and warpgate placements would be perfect to make Sanctuary Islands as well. Instead of the 3 bases near each warpgate, in the center you could construct one large Supermassive base with attributes from the 3 (4 whenever interlink is done) facilities. For players to organize and form up within to roll out without being spied upon or given away by the population counters in each region.

Each Sanctuary could also have a different environment based on which of the 3 continents they would be linked to for the Global Lattice. (One desert themed, one arctic themed and one Lush/Amerish themed)
    • Up x 1
  7. Kubin

And that's some good thing to see, actually. I only hope that it will indeed be used on PC because if not then I'd start to take the rumours "PS2 on PC was only a cash-cow and will be forsaken as SOE goes fulltime for PS4" seriously. Let's hope it will remain just a mere rumour :p

And my only fear is that some skilled (far more skilled than a newbie, I mean) players will create new characters just to **** up newbie's experience with the game by killing them repeatedly. I know there won't be many of such disgusting creatures but unfortunately it's the internet and we all know who happens to wander in there.

Anyway - good work! More things for newbies!
    • Up x 2
  8. ronjahn

This is awesome.

Make a few more of these and release them as mini continents and battle islands please :)
  9. Whiteagle

Yeah, Kiddypool Indar wouldn't be a BAD thing, it's just kind of Meh news for Vets...

True enough, but first we'd need WORKING WARPGATES!!!
    • Up x 1
  10. TheShrapnelKing

Plz make clone 4 regular play. This map would be like an awesome deathmatch arena if you packed hundreds of people into it, the frontline would basically be continuous across the whole map.
    • Up x 1
  11. ajma

Can you provide the link to Reddit, Paragon?

Edit: I Googled but couldn't find it.
  12. Paragon Exile

13. ajma

14. Esteporg

I love the concept and hope that SOE embraces the idea for future full-fledged continents - fewer bases, with the experience centered on large outposts and facilities.
    • Up x 2
  15. TheShrapnelKing

One thing that has to happen to keep this fair though is that the game needs to check every new player that logs in to see what the BRs are of their other characters, and only let them into this intro cont if none of their other chars are above lvl 10, otherwise you could make a brand new char as a BR100 and go around the intro cont wrecking all the noobs.
    • Up x 5
  16. RykerStruvian

Pretty much what I was thinking. Having seasoned players in the noob areas would really be a bad thing.
    • Up x 3
  17. ajma

New account. I honestly don't see a way for them to avoid that, so I would rather they encouraged veteran players in that area to help new players.
    • Up x 2
  18. TheShrapnelKing

Ok but it would at least help. Most people don't bother making multiple accounts, much less just to **** with the noobs on a training continent.
  19. Dieter Perras

Well if you think about it, if the "kiddypool Indar" cause higher amounts of player retention and gives new players a better start into the game then we could see a rise in population as well as a more positive community overall.

So while it doesn't directly effect vets it could over the long term.
    • Up x 4
  20. Whiteagle

Indeed, it's just not that exciting is all...