[Suggestion] New Magnums/Revolvers plus allow Rifles and Allow an Organize shop System

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dragonold103, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Dragonold103

Hello everyone, I know this is going to be a so called noob post but please read before posting because there are pros and cons within the post and for what classes and they use for, plus have a more organize shop system will be helpful for finding weapons.

I want each Empire to have their own Magnums/Revolvers to fight with, I know that their are a good amount of pistols but their are a lot of other weapons and I think this is a good idea.

Secondary
    -The Desert Eagle for the TR
    -The Chiappa Rhino for the NC
    -The 1875 No. 3 Top Break for VS

Pros:
    -Good in damage

Cons:
    -Only for that empire
    -Slow Reload

The weapons are for all classes but not MAX units

I know the empires have sniper rifles ,scout rifles and battle rifles but what about hunting rifles that can't act like them.

Primary
    -The Mossberg 464 Levert Action for the TR
    -The Savage Axis for the NC.
    -The Mosin-Nagant for the VS.

Recommended Attachments.
    -Only HS/NV Scope (1x) and 1x scopes

Pros:
    -good at mid range combat
    -easy handling

Cons:
    -Bad at Long Range targets
    -Only for that Empire

The weapons are for Infiltrator, Combat Medic and Engineer.

Why not Light Assault and Heavy Assault:
    -The Light Assault can use the weapon very well in trees, buildings and other high up places.
    -The Heavy Assault can use the weapon very well with the Shield that he/she has.
    -The Weapons most be for Ground Soldiers that don't use shields and jet-packs.

I also want to have the shop more organize, I don't want to have to find the weapon type I want with other 3-5 other weapon types. A Check box or a listing system will be nice.
  2. Pfundi

Yeah, I feel like the BASRs kind of lack in their rechambering-animation. And were lacking bullpup rifles. But thats a different topic.

However I dont think VS should get any sort of normal rifle. Think of more unconventional ways where to put a battery in, the stock eg, like some airsoft guns.
  3. Pikachu

Mag-shot is the equivalent of 0.5 AE shooter already.

Repeater = 9mm, 1911
    Emperor = .44 mag, colt anaconda
    Mag-shot = .50 AE, desert anus eagle
    Rebel = .454 casull, taurus judge
    Comissioner = .500 sw, sw model 500
  4. ColonelChingles

You'd think though that the Commissioner wouldn't be as powerful as a 20mm cannon...

.44 Commissioner- 450 damage
    20mm (0.78 caliber) Basilisk- 250 damage

So I think that the Commissioner must fire large 30-35mm autocannon rounds! :D

It is pretty ridiculous that sidearms in PS2 do so much damage in the first place. The .500SW round has around 3,500J of energy or so... compared to the typical 3,800J for .308 rifles or 50,000J of a 20mm weapon!

Most sidearms shouldn't do any damage at all with body shots and only have a significant damage multiplier with headshots.

And yes, this would make Stalker Infiltrators fairly useless. :p
  5. Pfundi

Or the Basilisk fires .22lR?
    • Up x 2
  6. Demigan

Actually, the infantry armor could be a factor here.

The Basilisk is a 20mm AP ammo weapon so it has some ability to pierce enemy armor and deal damage (however strange that notion can be to you Chingles, let's just assume that they have found some kinetic advantage that allows them to pierce armor that should be able to shrug it off with only a scuff mark). Possibly the armor and player are build that the bullet passes through, and although it is a 20mm bullet the tissue and flesh are partially compressed during it's flight through so the actual hole is smaller, although not much.
    The Commissioner isn't made to penetrate armor, it's made to completely and utterly maul infantry. The bullet could be designed to pierce shield and armor, but the act of piercing through causes the bullet to desintegrate into smaller pieces that wander through the body before coming to a stop, dealing much more damage to the organs and giving the high-tech survival suits that keep you alive and 100% operational much more trouble.
  7. ColonelChingles

Hmmm...

Say we knew that the Commissioner fires .44 rounds which do damage of 450 per shot.

And that IRL .44 rounds have muzzle energies typical of 1,500J.

And we assumed that the relationship between damage and muzzle energy was linear (which it isn't, but whatever).

Then the ratio of energy to damage would be 3.33:1.

A Basilisk does 250 damage per shot. This means that based on our previous ratio of 3.33:1, it would have 833.3J of muzzle energy.

So what cartridge/shell has an equivalent muzzle energy?

10mm Auto actually.

So really the mighty vehicle-mounted Basilisks really fire these:

[IMG]

Something about half the stated caliber and more of a pistol round than an actual autocannon shell. :p

And this is why vehicles are so unfairly weak compared to infantry. ;)
  8. Pfundi

And the Mercenary fires silenced 5,45 WP or what? xD
    Dammit, those only got 200J, dont they. So were at 9mm Luger for the Mercenary. And 22lfB in the T-9 Carv. We should stop those comparisons...
    • Up x 1
  9. ColonelChingles

Except of course 20mm rounds do exceptionally well against infantry targets today... one shot and no one is going to be left standing. There aren't any 20mm ballistic charts I can pull up, but the energy transfer alone would be plenty lethal.

As for the concept of fragmentation, that too exists in the real world. Those are called frangible rounds, and are meant to limit over-penetration (for instance, not wanting to shoot through a wall and hit bystanders outside). The problem with frangible rounds though is that they just kinda suck all around... they would do less damage, not more. They consistently fail to penetrate deeply enough to reach acceptable standards.

The point is that 20mm Basilisks (and 12.7mm Kobalts) should be absolutely lethal to infantry... or at the very least shouldn't be out-damaged by anything that infantry can carry!
  10. Pikachu

Vehicle weapons are completely out of scale in PS2 (and I bet all other combined arms 1-character games). Kobalt would be >= longshot (700 damage) and it goes upward from there. Titan AP would land somewhere in 12k, by generous game standards.

In a game where players only control 1 character at a time (in contrast to RTS games), there are no real heavy weapons. Everything circles closely around assault rifles and BASR and few-in-number slow firing little splash OHK cannons.
  11. ColonelChingles

Yea... weapons in PS2 make absolutely no sense.

Sidearms that outdamage assault rifles!

Sidearms that outdamage autocannons!

And we're not even in tank shell territory yet... you're telling me that a single 11mm handgun bullet can do a quarter of the damage of a 150mm APDSFS tank projectile?

Someone really needs to take a good hard look at the damage balance of weapons in PS2 and revise them significantly.
  12. Pfundi

Well, the gameplay is fun, isnt it. So no need for big changes. Slight tweaks here and there but no great all destroying revamp
  13. Pikachu

Few players would like if vehicle weapons were up to scale with infantry weapons.
  14. ColonelChingles

That's the problem really. That's why PS2 doesn't feel like war at all. It more feels like an over-blown "policing action", or something that the UN would pull on a shoestring budget and with overly restrictive RoEs.

PS2 absolutely needs powerful heavy weapons. Give us massive aircraft heavy bombing runs. And artillery barrages that leave entire ridgelines in smoke. And tank shells that are as scary as actual HE tank shells.

Or at the very least... autocannon that aren't less lethal than friggin sidearms!
  15. Pikachu

Imagine if there were to be an up to scale GPMG with 334 damage (let alone a HMG). People would be up in arms.

Comparison of weapon damage in PS2 with a scaled up version of vehicle weapons. If vehicle weapons were to be up to scale in the simplest way then I think each one of them should be multiplied by 3.5.
    http://i.imgur.com/gsh8VP4.jpg
    • Up x 1
  16. Dragonold103

I see some of you guys started talking about vehicles and getting new weapons for them but the problem isn't the vehicles it the terrain. Most players want to be in the field but in most bases, they are blocked off.

They can't get into bases and help the allies when it is mostly blocked by pillars, buildings or walls.

That why most players don't use the vehicles, so it is pointless to get new stuff for them.
  17. ColonelChingles

I think that's opening up a whole can of worms by itself. :p

How about scaling down infantry weapons then?

Say a 120mm AP tank shell does 1,250 damage. We won't make it do any more. But infantry weapons will have to be toned down instead.

So a real 120mm AP shell (like the M829A1) has a muzzle velocity of 1,575m/s and a projectile that weighs 4.6kg. That gives a muzzle energy of about 5,700,000J.

This results in an energy:damage ratio of 4,560:1.

Then we take a look at infantry small arms. Again, the .44 Commissioner. It has a muzzle energy of 1,500J, so based off of our previous ratio then it ought to do 0.33 damage per shot.

This means that it will take 3,040 shots from the Commissioner to kill a 500/500 infantryman. With 2.83 shots per second, a cylinder that holds 6 shots, and a 4 second reload... that's 3,100 seconds TTK or 52 minutes (1,073 seconds shooting + 2,026 seconds reloading)!

That sounds pretty fair. :p Let infantry spend almost an hour killing each other.
  18. Pikachu

Just for curiosity I did some calculations and a 23mm twin barrel AA cannon = 88000J. 30mm GAU8 = 220000J. Abram sabot = 12000000J.
    • Up x 1
  19. Pfundi

1500m/s? Oh yeah, you guys still use the L/44.
    But the Titan 150 has 150mm so we should take the new russian 152mm as reference. 1920m/s and probably 7kg sabot :D
    • Up x 1
  20. Pfundi

So?