New Infiltrator Need Tips

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by DravenRuiz, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Jawarisin

/Over 20 000 chars, had to make a new post to continue :3

2. NahumLudd

Ok, relocating each minute is too much. Perhaps every 30s. Anything more means too much wasted time, in my opinion. Anyway they won't be able to get to my position or flank me in less time. If they do, good for them.

And you do what you want, I aim for the upper torso when not sniping. I prefer to have more hits (probably half of them actually headshots, because of the recoil) than aiming straight for the head and missing half of the time.
  3. Jawarisin

If you mean relocating as changing spot drastically, that is way too short of a delay (you don't want to be walking 2 minutes to take 1 shot and then repeating). And if you mean only moving a little, maybe a few meters, then you should do that all the time, except if you've got no counter-snipers and you can unload your sniper without pause, and even then... bad habbit.

That's what I meant :)
  4. VanuSShooter

Sound:
    "People might be blind, but they can hear."
    - I don't know.
    They might be blind, they might not be able to see but once they hear you, they know you're there. It is a matter of time for when your cloak runs out. A smart player would wait for your cloak to run out.
    If you hear any sort of shot landing near you, I suggest for you to move. This mean that you're likely being watched by another infiltrator waiting to count-snipe you. Also, hearing other faction's infiltrator cloaking sound is key because you don't want any of those guys near you because they'll eventually kill you if you don't kill them first.
    Mobility:
    Being able to move around is key as an infiltrator. Honestly, I don't expect you to move spot after spot each time because it could be irritating, but keep in mind being able to move is key. Now, it works for me but once you're in the one sweet flanking spot, just move back to cover every shot for 2-3 seconds and go in for another shot.
  5. NahumLudd

Yes, by relocating I meant moving to the next hill or building. After each shot I always cloak and move a few steps in a random direction, to prevent those blind shots some people take with the hope of hitting you while cloaked.
  6. ZeroErrorz

welp im not the most expierenced here but here my two cent take it if you will.
    there is a few type of infil loadout you wont be able to become all of them in quick time without having the right tool so pick your first to as a method of developing the second and third,basicly the 3 option are smg for cqc/short range, scout rifle and low zoom optic sniper rifle,sniper rifle (and cqc sniper rifle if ur good at leading shots).
    i would recomend the smg as a starting type,its easy to kill your enemy with it,and it doesnt make bad positioning punished instead it encourage you to close the range and move alot in a rapid fashion instead if finding cover,i would recomend you staying with the smg until you auraxium it,after that i would recomend getting the sniper rifle (rams 50) to train your self on how to position,hiding and most of all aiming, its a slow process but once you enought cert try getting the scout rifle (semi auto preferbly), scout rifle is the hardest to master but the most versatile out of all weapon class infil can get,it require you to keep enought distance from the target while not being too far to stay effective and demand good positioning since the low dps will get you killed in a head on fight,also if you feel your aim getting great grab the cqc Bolt action sniper rifle add it with a suppresor and it will be a fun weapon to use for the challenge it gave to you when leading target.
    hope you enjoy

regard ZeroErrorz
  7. VanuSShooter

New infiltrator .... another tip is to shoot at non moving targets until you get the feel of your gun. At the end of the day, experience is what's going to keep you alive.
    • Up x 2
  8. Promaned

As an terran player first thing you should do is buy bolt action rifle m77-b is good for starting if you want to be mid to long range sniper(for late game ram-50 is best). Then you should save some certs for hunter cloak. Infıltrator is best in big (24-48, 48+) open area fights because in these figth people wont looking for u, killing is easy. And best advice for infiltrator is flanking, if you find good flank place, you can earn certs very easy.
  9. \m/SLAYER\m/

TR has nice default pistol, it just made for STALKER trolling.. camping at generator room, you will farm a lot without investment
  10. Lection

look for ANY unexpected sniping angles and abuse them.

If your faction is attacking from the west, snipe from any other direction. You are only one sniper, they won't want to kill you until they see you as a threat, but stay hidden and make sure they can't tell where they are getting killed from, just in case.
    • Up x 1
  11. Jawarisin

You don't want to change building every shot, that's a silly idea. But yes move a few steps in a random direction except backwards/fowards is always good.

12. VanuSShooter

13. Jawarisin

not quite sure what this is coming at? a big quote where you invented something I said?
  14. VanuSShooter

nah just messed up the quote... anyways ...
    you dont necessarily have to move every shot ... my kills with my sniper tells it all ... well at least it works for me not sure bout u
  15. Jawarisin

This is talking about sniping in an actual fight, medium sized or where there is at least one other sniper. It's a good habbit to move all the time otherwise. Your kills with sniper and let me put it this way. Your kills per minute with the sniper are : 28.6.

I have more than twice that with the Bolt Driver. Which is like an XM98, which I despise, and can't stand. I want to auraxium them but it sucks really bad :/ Arguably, I had sniping experience before. But with the number of kills you got, it should be higher.

If it's because your computer can't handle it, I feel for you, I have to run on low myself :/ But yes, moving every shot is like the base of sniping not to get counter sniped. I never thought someone would say the opposite, you actually baffled me.
  16. VanuSShooter

I have* a crap computer but I can handle 48+ fights. I hate sniping in small fights, not worth the 2 kills, I rather just use Heavy Assault or Medic then. I'm also a patient sniper so I take my time with my shots which keeps me alive.
  17. Jawarisin

Your k/d with the sniper isn't any exceptional. It's average. Not bad, not good. So keeping yourself alive doesn't work that great :/. As someone said in this thread, just take the shots otherwise you won't ever learn them.
  18. m44v

Don't give too much credit to the cloak, against seasoned players the cloak is good for nothing.
  19. VanuSShooter

Started as a fresh player with this account, obviously you wouldn't and shouldn't expect a great K/D. All I know is that I'm gradually improving my K/D session after session. Eventually, it will be better and it will be above 2.0; I hope.
  20. Jawarisin

I mean with the parralax, not overall. I believe it was 4.8 k/d. Which is really average considering the Parallax is the long range BASR.