New Implant System

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GuhMaster2512, Jan 25, 2017.

1. GuhMaster2512

Link:
    Edit: Should be on test some time tonight
    • Up x 8
  2. Okjoek

Is this going live or is this just comming to the test server? They didn't really say.
  3. BrbImAFK

They also didn't really give any details on what would be available, how it would work, how the transition would be made etc. etc. etc. Once again, DBG has left the passing of information to the players and this is a bad thing.
  4. Mojo_man

I'll be very eager to hear details about this. (Can't go look myself as I'm trapped at work atm.)
  5. Lysson

Good, about time they got rid of the randomness of getting and upgrading Implants. Also not having to worry about energy or having chargers will be awesome.
    • Up x 3
  6. Armcross

oh no I have to buy implants now! I am thrifty enough that I didn't have to buy energy.
  7. zaspacer

Potential Pro:
    I didn't use the Old Implant System because it felt P2W, it was an unfair advantage over others (this is just my preference not to have a huge edge my opponent doesn't have reasonable access to, I don't think other share this preference), and it was annoying. Now we might get a decent or better implant system on some or all those fronts.

Potential Con:
    Even though I didn't use Implants, there were kinda weak, so it didn't really impact my effectiveness that much. Now they might actually boost the power level on Implants and make them strong enough so I can't ignore them AND they might keep (or boost) it as P2W, unfair advantage over others, annoying, etc.

As far as my feedback on how they can do things, I would suggest the following:
    1) allow *many* more Implant Slots. Like 5-6 Slots at a time. Make it like EQ AA, Magic Decks, etc. Where players are paying attention to the precise affects they want as players. Making each Implant a slight boost.
    2) allow players to use multiples of the same implants, by using different tiers, but make the effect of the 2nd one at 1/2 the power level.

... but only if it's not P2W or exclusive access (hard to get or hard to maintain). If it's P2W, then please don't make the changes I suggested.
  8. Lysson

• Up x 2
  9. Pelojian

i don't think it's a good idea to do a complete reset like this. what about those of us that have every implant from T1 to T3? sure energy will no longer be an issue, but is it really needed to wipe everyone's implants up into crafting materials?

vampire is a just bad idea, people already run around sucidially as infiltrator to get one power knife kill till they are gunned down, this is a shooting game not a psycho knife killer simulator.

cloak is a bad idea as well, infiltrators are bad enough, imagine heavy assaults sitting in cap rooms invisible.

catlike is just as bad and will be a major buff to stalker infiltrators.

assumulate is jsut a different version of vampire that isn't limited to knifes.

it feels like they have changed it to milk more money from players by providing more powerful implants and adding more gimmicky gameplay.
    • Up x 1
  10. customer548

I never understood the dramas about Implants.

You can't have enough Energy in order to use any before reaching BR35-40. Better forget about Implants.
    After BR50-55, you'll have always have enough Energy. Just craft Ultra Chargers and you're good to go.

For Infantry, the only useful implants are Battle Hardened for all purposes. This is the only one you really need.
    Safe Landing if you go LA, Regen if you go Engi for planting mines-Rep stuff. Hold Breath if you're still stuck with sniping from very long ranges (who said boring gameplay ?).

Go for Tier 2 Implants only and you're good. (My own experience and my own opinion only).
  11. customer548

"Catlike implant : Reduces the movement speed penalty for crouching by X% .
    Tier 5 Implant : Eliminates the movement speed penalty for crouching and your speed sprint is increased by 10%."

Will it have an impact on the guys who usually multi-crouch during 1vs1 ? Will we see a higher number of them ?

What are your thoughts about it ? Isn't it a bit "wtf-OP", especially for HAs and aggressive Combat Medics ?
  12. Pelojian

i don't see why not now they can crouch and move like a crab with full ADS speed, this is the kind of gimmicky gameplay that needs to go, there needs to be a transition phase crouching or coming out of crouch that makes it a disadvantage to do so in combat unless crouching puts you under cover.
    • Up x 2
  13. FieldMarshall

That new implant that restocks 1 magazine every 60 sec + giving the Butcher a 500 round mag should be interesting.

Also, it would be nice to know the conversion rate before it goes live, so i can prepare my spare implants.
  14. Pelojian

don't forget the T7 chaingun!
  15. Liewec123

for folks without Reddit here are the rank 5 implants:

Ammo Printer:
    Restocks one magazine of each weapon every 60 seconds, works for vehicles and maxes.

Assimilate:
    On a headshot kill restores 100 shield, on a vehicle kill restores an additional 150 shield.

Battle hardened:
    Reduce flinchand camera shake from explosions and bullets by 50%,
    on a kill reduce flinch and camera shake by 100% for 10 seconds.

Cat-Like:
    remove the speed penalty for crouching, sprint speed increase by 10%.

Counter-Intelligence:
    You automatically spot targets you damage as well as targets who damage you, while not in a vehicle you also notified on the HUD when spotted by an enemy.
    works in vehicles, maxes can equip.

Focus:
    Increase hold breath duration by 300% and display the health of spotted targets, increase crosshair IFF detection range by 50.

Minor Cloak:
    remaining stationary for 8 seconds will cloak the user, cannot interact or shoot while stealthed, moving breaks stealth.

Regen:
    regenerate 35 health per second when out of combat for 10 seconds, headshot kills regenerate 50 health instantly.

Safefall:
    no longer receive fall damage. maxes can equip.

Sweeper HUD:
    target range is displayed on your crosshair, auto spot enemy explosives within 35m of you,
    works in vehicles, maxes can equip.

Vampire:
    Killing an enemy with a melee weapon restores 200 health, does not trigger on quick-knife attacks.

:D

i think its pretty cool, though some will obviously need removing/nerfing (looking at you Cat-Like! ;))
  16. BrbImAFK

All in all, I'm horribly unimpressed by the new system and seriously hope that they don't take it live as is. They've lost some useful implants and added cancer-causing implants. And it looks like there might be some aspects of P2W as well, given how the implants are acquired.... I am NOT a happy camper about this new idea.
    • Up x 2
  17. Armcross

Nyah
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  18. Pelojian

yeah they've removed the EMP and concussion shielding implants, others are just merged.

i'm more concerned about the implants that are encourgaging gimmicky mechanics like crouching in combat to avoid headshots from a more skilled opponent or sucidial infiltrators with knives being even more cheesy by restoring health after killing someone with a knife.
  19. Liewec123

its worth noting that implants do not stack, i tested Ammo Printer on a max with blueshifts, 2x implants only restored 40 ammo a minute, even if you have extended mags giving you 60 rounds per mag. (though it is still very early days so i expect that to change)

also test 2x Cat-Like which doesn't seem to give 20% sprint speed, however Cat-Like does stack with adrenaline Pump :D

currently Minor Cloak is bugged and making you permanently stealthed and allowing you to move around, but you can't do anything at all :p
  20. DIGGSAN0

For fvcks sake why do i play stalker if in the future every heavy can cloak themselfe for infinite amount of time...

What is wrong with you devs
    • Up x 6