New Engineer Carbine - Certs, how do they work??

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Gearlock, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Gearlock

So, I trialed the new NC Engineer gun, shot it a few times, felt I would enjoy it as I've been searching for a weapon of this type since launch and been unappy with my options, then bought it.

All of the certs read as cost 0, are red, and cannot be purchased.

Has anyone purchased this gun and been able to cert scopes and attachments for it?

A non certed/modded gun is not my idea of awesome new weapondry.

Anyone else?
  2. FrothyMug

The LC3 Jaguar looks like it's exactly the same gun as the LC2 Lynx. It even has all of the same certs and only sports a slightly lower fire rate, iirc. I'm thinking the difference is in the recoil behavior of the two guns. They're both for CQC. I already have the LC2, so I'll be passing on the LC3 for now...
  3. Gearlock

I've seen reference of this topic about 3 different times now and all have been NC, and I have yet to see a non NC report the issue with the other faction's version of the Razor.

Not that it matters either way but it's simply a matter of curiosity.
  4. Marzipanzer

I tried the Serpent. It seems like, as its stats would suggest, an even more CQC oriented gun than the VX6-7 due to the faster fire rate. Hipfiring is a bit more difficult and the reload time on it is brutal, though.
  5. Ryekir

Apparently there was a hotfix today to address that issue:
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...time-and-hotfix-12-07-2012.61639/#post-767230

I had only used the 30 minute trial, so didn't encounter it last night. I'm curious to see how you like it, it's hard to really gauge the weapon against what I have been using without any attachments or scopes. The only thing that really stood out about it was that the reload speed was ridiculously fast! If only it had the under-barrel grenade launcher available I would switch to it in a heartbeat.
  6. Jonesing25

Yeah, I don't know what they did in that hotfix but it didn't work. All the cert upgrades are still locked for me.