New Class idea. Inspirational Leader

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Indigo Eclipse, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Indigo Eclipse

Lets just call it the "Inspiration" Class for now. I can't think of a better name for the moment.
    The basic concept is this: Class requires resources and has a timer like the MAX. This is to help control the number of this type on the battlefield. The gear slot (ie: Med-gun, Repair-gun) Is one of four faction specific items that must be used to give an area-wide boost to friendly troops. The item would have a capacitor meter (Like jump-packs/Max-Charge) to prevent endless use. Though certable for longer/often activation.

The four buff-types are such: (All would be certable for increased distances like the ammo pack. Also note that these boosts WOULD NOT STACK. It would do you no good to bring multiple of one type unless you're trying to cover multiple squads.)
    1) Defensive boost - Lowers all damage by a small percentage to friendlies within 5 meters
    2) Offensive boost - Increases all damage done by friendlies by a small percentage within 5 meters
    3) Speed boost - All movement of friendlies are increased within 15 meters. This can be activated within a vehicle and effects both infantry and vehicles while within the radius.
    4) Support boost - All Healing and Repairs preformed by friendlies within 10 meters are improved.

Example titles for the empire specific Inspirational leaders. (always open to class-name ideas)
    TR: Commissar
    NC: Guardian
    VS: Herald
  2. mina5

And this new class would only be accesable to those who have put cerst to leadership section :) . + and when they get killed they could give some sort debuff around him due important and inspirational dude got shot.
  3. Braken

Huh, I actually like this idea. It'd add a bit more class strategy to the game.

Actually, this could be added to the MAX, to give it some utility.
  4. Indigo Eclipse

Hmm...yeah, I could see it requiring a Leadership Cert to even use it. The idea of the class being a squad-support role to boost everyone's performance in a small area. Something for those that don't like front-line shooting but still want to help their squad win. Debuff on death. I'll have to think about that one. It's a little easy to get randomly fragged by a nade or TK'd by some jerk.
    • Up x 1
  5. mina5

They are ment to be behind main lines aren't they ? and what comes to TK well i tjust hate those jerks . im not gona name anyone but ye . meybe insta gunlock for 1 day ?
  6. Regpuppy

Take away the offensive and defensive boosts, limit this to squad leader only, squad boosted only, and split up repair/heal into their own categories.

1- Speed boost - All movement of friendlies are increased within 15 meters. This can be activated within a vehicle and effects both infantry and vehicles while within the radius.

2- Healing: Revive speed + extra bar of health on revive(unless medic is maxed) + slightly faster healing

3- Repair/Resupply: Slightly faster ammo resupply + slightly faster repair + wider ammo box range

The healing and repair are useful enough on their own. But a squad should have to choose between one of these benefits and the squad leader make the sacrifice. You want to stay away from things that directly affect damage or durability because of how disadvantaged that makes one pug versus a single squad player. No need as any bonus is useful.

I don't think we need to have a tool for it, just limit their type of weapon and make it passive for a certain radius. Keep the bonuses minor and the sustained minor bonus will be more useful without being gamebreaking.

Honestly doubt the devs would go for this because it seems a bit RPGish in my mind, but always worth discussing.
    • Up x 1
  7. Soothsayer

For a single standalone class, good idea for an RPG or RTS, not so hot for FPS.

To give squad leaders more of an ability to specialize their squad and reward proximity would be welcome though. Even an XP waypoint like there was in PS1 would be cool. SL's need more tools, more carrots are always better.
  8. Apis

I like the idea of just making this an ability useable by the squad leader. Leading in PS2 needs more incentive/bonuses. Many times I get less kills because I'm busy coordinating my outfit. Please add incentives. Good ideas fellow posters.
  9. Eunoe

Give squad leaders ways to reward members of their squad and get increased XP gain for themselves while they are at it, XP waypoints, 1%-5% XP from each enemy killed by a squad member in a 20m radius, little things to make it worth it and promote good teamwork, leadership, and communication.

Buffs are for RPGs, we don't need buffs.