New Changes: Basilisks and Harasser Gunner

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by SiosDashcR, Apr 29, 2013.

1. SiosDashcR

Basilisks:

• Max Mag Size reduced from 75 to 65.
    • Cone of Fire has been adjusted from .50 to .75 (I believe.) Shots are now more accurate than before.

Harasser Gunner:

• Empire Specific Weapons have been removed (ie. Vulcan/Marauder for the TR. )
    • Up x 4
  2. SiosDashcR

Harasser:

• No longer as "bouncy" as the Flash as it used to be. Seems to act as a solid vehicle (ie. Faction MBTs)
    • Up x 2
  3. gigastar

Ooh, wonder if the Basilisk can hit the side of a Galaxy at 10 paces now...
    • Up x 1
  4. Siveon

Even without the ES weapon the Harasser still has too much firepower because the Harbert deals the same dmg has a Saron just doesn't have that pinpoint accuracy.
  5. Ranik

Small steps.
  6. Ranik

Is this announced somewhere? The 65 round max is true but no the ES turret removal.
  7. SiosDashcR

Try equipping one OUT of the VR Training Room.

Or try purchasing one from the Depot.

You won't see it there.

The VR Training hasn't adjusted to the changes but the actual out-of-VR Training room area, has.
    • Up x 1
  8. Ammathor

• Empire Specific Weapons have been removed (ie. Vulcan/Marauder for the TR. )

There goes any plans I had for the Harasser. If this turns out to be a thing.
    • Up x 5
  9. The King

The ES weapons I agree with. So easy to mow tanks down with the vulcan.
    No one cares about the Saran though since you can just pull out your mag rider and do what you may do with that thing.
    And while moving, it's very impractical and you'll nearly miss all your shots anyways.
    The Halberd is pretty decent and fun to use.
    I think that should stay in.
  10. Tekuila

Damn was really looking forward to the Marauder on the buggy. :(
  11. Pikachu

I wanted c85 on my buggy! :mad:
    • Up x 1
  12. SiosDashcR

Same.

Saved up so many certs (now at 7000 or so) just to drop into the Harasser alone and now this ...
  13. metrotw

Harasser isn't worth dropping even 1 cert into it.

Too high cert cost and resource cost for a vehicle I can only pull at major bases every 6 minutes (with max timer).

No thanks.

For a vehicle that requires around 10,000 certs (max timer, frames, 2 weapons one for AI and AV minimum, turbo, plus full engie certs) I want to be able to use it more, especially since its so squishy.
  14. Flukeman62

well i will just wait for the ES buggies then
  15. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Why is it squishy?
    It's nearly as tough as a Lightning, and more mobile.
  16. Xebov

I see the same problem. The Harasser is a Squad based vehicle and should be available everywhere, simply because you need 2 players to operate it, unlike Lighnings and MBTs, otherwise players will stick to Sunderer.
  17. Lyel

Again,

ADD AN EXTRA SEAT AND MAKE IT AVAILABLE AT EVERY TERMINAL.

It works just fine as a transport vehicle. Make it one!
  18. gigastar

I doubt the issue is the Vulcan, a close-range anti-armour weapon would be perfect on a Harasser.

But when the NC and VS equivalents are the Saron and Enforcer, both long range weapons, that causes problems.
  19. SiosDashcR

But you're still able to "harass" at longer range.

Think of it.

> Shoot Saron.
    > Immediately drive off.
    > Drive up a hill at a different angle they hadn't expect and rinse and repeat.

What this allows you to do that the Magrider can't is: Allows you to get to higher places (with Turbo) as well as continue your assault twice as fast and being able to know that the enemy will still be there when you come back. You're fast enough to know that you won't be out-sped by your target in that whatever distance they're away, you can catch up, shoot, then fall back and repeat.
  20. Mythicrose12

Your target also has a greater chance to run off or repair if you are harassing with a Saron. Whereas if you close the distance with the Vulcan, the target is as good as dead.