[Suggestion] New Approach to TR Max Lockdown - Less ammo usage

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Xocolatl, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Xocolatl

The TR specialty is based around the idea that they can hunker down, and then use superior firepower to drown the enemies in hot lead (or plasma, or explosions). I kinda like the idea. I also love the idea of Lockdown ability on MAX--but I also hate running out of ammo.

I feel that if you're going to turn yourself into a nice little turret, you might as well have the ability to launch long salvos at the enemies:

Lockdown - MAX anchors down, becoming stationary. The fire-rate is slowed down to 50%. However, each shot will now fire 2 projectiles.
    Upgrade:
    adds 5/10/10/20/20% firing speed.
    You fire additional 0/0/1/1/2 projectile.

Simply put - You now consume half the ammo you used to, while still produce the same firepower at initial level. At max level, you're consuming 30% less ammo, and your firepower increases by an additional 180% over normal. But since you don't get additional accuracy, this keeps your power in check at range. However, you will be death's machine up close, allowing this ability to be a boon indoor as well as outdoors.
  2. TheMish

Eh, ruins the feel. It's fun just senselessly shooting at like 1000 rpm locked down with 2 Mutilators.