Never going to pay station cash for weapons again until nerfs stop

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by jdono67894, Mar 13, 2013.

1. jdono67894

SOE I know you read these threads and I want to let you know I am a full time worker who makes well over the average wage.
    I would of put a lot of money into this game to stop the need for grinding certs, but I have watched your practices and know I won't put another cent to your company.

Seriously, with the new patch notes here: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/server-downtine-03-13-2013.103289/
    It seems very obvious that the old weapons are being nerfed to make way for the new weapons.
    - NS Annihilator: Range to lock-on to ground targets reduced to 400 meters (matching the range of other ground lock-on rocket launchers). Range against aircraft remains at 500 meters.

So instead of making the annhilator which was the staple of infantry defence actually viable, they further nerf it into dust, just in time to make sure the new rocket launchers are the only choice right?

The practices of SOE are very shady and I regret the money I put into the game.
    Whether your favourite weapon was the magrider, ESF, Liberator or Infantry, everyone has felt the nerf hammer on things they potentially paid real money for.

The entire game is based around weapons that kill things super quick that you have to pay for different weapons to counter those first weapons.

Say goodbye to my money SOE, unless you stop the nerf frenzy you will see the most profitable game you ever made driven into the ground.
  2. illgot

they have been doing this with every weapon they release.

Only a fool would purchase anymore weapons from them... and only a bigger fool would keep playing.

I'm both sadly.
  3. m44v

But people bought them knowing they were OP
  4. }{ellKnight

Things are subject to change in an MMO. You should know this. It's your fault.
  5. Herrick

I bought both lock-on launchers close to release, now they have the NS launcher that locks on to everything and the new TR launcher.

Buyers-remorse-side2
  6. Kurreah

You agreed that they had the right to make changes to existing items. Whether for reasons of balance or just because they feel like it. If you weren't happy with them doing this, why agree to it and then give them money.

I do recall a lot of threads about the Annihilator with claims about how OP it was. While you and I may not believe that it was OP, it is possible that our opinions were not shared by the designers.
  7. Munq

Another brainless lock-on zombie whining about easy to use weapon being toned down so that maybe, just maybe, other players could have fun in the game too.

It would've been best if these weapons were never introduced in the first place. Boring weapons for the wielder and freaking annoying and disheartening to the enemy. Lock on weapons have no place in this game apart from the TR empire specific one.
  8. illgot

Way to completely miss the point of the thread.
  9. Munq

Which was "I'm angry because the items I keep buying are overpowered and now they are toning it down. Gosh darnit I'm not buying another thing in this game because the shock caused by going from being obnoxiously overpowered to actually reasonable balance is too great for me to bear"

I get it. People can't deal with spending money on game that is subject to change. My suggestion: Don't spend money on it if you can't deal with it. Go buy pizza instead.
  10. Breidr

Welcome to the F2P business model. You want to stay on top. Open your wallet every 2 weeks for new toys. When the next round comes out they old will be nerfed. This is nothing new. games claim to not sell power, but it's the easiest way to get people to open their wallets. Look at LoL they do the exact same crap with Champions all the time.

This is why I hate F2P and wish this was P2P like PS1.
  11. illgot

Again you completely missed the point. Thats ok.
  12. MistaN

Soooooo you're never going to spend station cash ever again....period.
    They have a game to balance. If you think they're going to stop balancing the game just cause you spent $2 then this is the wrong game for you.
  13. m44v

• Up x 1
  14. Shinrah

That might be, but he´s right that the way SOE places these "buffs/nerfs" doesn´t give a good impression. For example, the same day they massively buffed the Annihilator a couple of weeks ago, they also put it on "sale". Coincidence? Or calculated action to get people to buy a weapon, one they just saw was massively buffed?
    SMG´s, while I don´t agree that they are OP, I agree that at least for VS and likely NC, the 2nd SMG is more or less a straight upgrade. The small clipsize of the first batch all but forced players to use Extended mag, the new ones allow for the use of other attachments and due to the high clipsize are way more viable in CQC.

Just 2 examples of how SOE either deliberately tries to boost sales, or at the very least completely fails to understand how their actions are interpreted by their Customers. Not sure which is worse.
    • Up x 1
  15. Munq

Then by all means, elaborate. Don't leave us in shadow from your great insight.
  16. GSZenith

If anything SoE sue this guy for not reading the ToA etc XD more money then the guns he bought.
  17. Zitroxious

so SoE should ask for more sc when they buff the weapons?
  18. Zinus

Don't know about other factions, but NC smg's are side-grades. Each is good for certain things and i think that they overall managed to make them equal.
    They will also buff the ammo pool (not magazine size) of the cyclone (the first smg, just to be clear), so it shifts a little more towards inf smg (greater sustainability behind enemy lines).

Anyway, sure they drop the ball sometimes, and sometimes they get it right. Just be careful with your money, things can and will change.
  19. Kurreah

I believe that it is the timing of the Annihilator nerf (right before the Empire-specific launchers come out) that he is objecting to, rather than (or at least more than) the nerf itself.
  20. illgot

If they keep nerfing weapons to tye point where all but the newest version is actually useful, in the long run no one will purchase weapons and ps2 will decline.

Ajd the constant nerfing right before a new version comes out...

They need to establish trust or people will stop buying anything.