[Suggestion] Neutron bombs a C4 alternative

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by simon11russell, Jul 21, 2013.

1. simon11russell

A while ago I saw a post in an anti C4 tread suggesting a bomb that only kills the squishy meat inside the tank and not the actual tank itself. Now that guy was trolling someone who was complaining about 200 resource C4 killing 400 resource tanks but it got me thinking could that be a viable alternative to C4?

In my mind it would be almost exactly the same as our current C4 except:

• Does no damage to vehicles but will damage and kill the crew
    • Light assault only as we are best placed to use it as a way of breaking flanked defensive positions
    • It does much less damage but around the same killing power of C4
    • It wont effect shields just your health so if your not killed you have some extra survivability
    • If it does kill you, you cant be revived. and if not a small time where you cant be healed
    • Blasts go through walls and floors (except spawns obviously)
    As a counter its the same as C4 high level Nano weave or flack, and if your in a vehicle triage would probably be helpful too if you survive. Also as no vehicles are destroyed a nearby squad mate could hop in and drive it to safety or you could just run back to it from your spawn, this punishes tanks who over extend with no friendlies around to help drive your tank away or a clear path back to your tank.

Finally if this did come I would be ok seeing a C4 nerf but it would have to stay for killing thinks such as Sunderer's or a tank with coordination and base turrets.

Any thoughts and suggestions are welcome. Also try and keep this from becoming another C4 tread.
    • Up x 2
  2. Iridar51

In small battles (1 vs tank) this will not matter, because the driver will never make it to his tank after respawn. If it's too far it'll take forefer to get there on foot (and he can't use vehicles, because that will despawn his tank), and he'll probably will be ambushed by whoever "neutronned" him in the first place.

I seriously doubt "allies" would want to drive vacant tank to safety, instead they will commandeer it and use it in their darkest perversions.

The main problem of tankers with C4 is this: here they sit on a top of a hill, very comfortly farming nearby infantry. If damaged by enemy AV fire they just drive back a couple of inches and repair. So you sit in your tank, sipping Nuka Cola, and suddenly - BANG! You're dead! And your dog is dead! And everyone you loved is DEAD! DEAD! DEAD!

Changing C4 with neutron bomb doesn't change this. They're still violated, tortured, ripped out of their comfortable cage just to remind they are mortal as well.
    • Up x 1
  3. Liewec123

its a nice idea but i feel any tank thats positioned himself with enough ambush spots around him is kinda asking for trouble,
    i feel the problem lies with the ability for C4 to be hurled rather than placed, i don't think we'd have as much C4 hate if it was placd like an engineer's ammo kit rather than hurled 15m like a grenade.
    (same goes from my max perspective, currently an LA can hurl C4 across the room faster than a max can move out of its radius, its pretty much game over unless the max has flak (kinetic armor is far more desirable for everything else so more times than not they won't), c4 being planted would solve this issue and make dying to c4 as a max more of a "that was my bad" than a "that was a nice 30 second lifespan there!"
  4. simon11russell

Firstly this shouldn't be just looked at as a primary AT weapon the main reason I like the idea for LA is that it would work much better as a anti infantry device allowing a LA to flank an enemy defence and kill the defenders in a way that cant be fixed by a medic in a few seconds with a medics rez-nade making us good at punching holes in defences for others to use.

@Iridar51
    If its to far to run for the tanker after they die then they should be punished for being there alone this is a team game after all.

I don't know about who you play with but I'm sure anyone in my outfit who was spare would jump in an empty prowler and drive it around for a bit, but then again I wouldn't be to far from our ammo/repair/ams so not far to run for me.

and yes that is the problem and that always will be no mater what the best we can for them do is "educate" them in game repeatedly until they understand.

@Lirwec123
    you have to note tho that in a battle ammo is never placed in the line of fire as standing still there to deploy it is a death sentence and still you see engies die to a sniper. As such making C4 like that would make it unusable as it always need to be deployed in the middle of a battle meaning death that or place it from safety as a trap and wait but then what are mines for?
  5. Iridar51

My outfit doesn't rely on alternative sexual orientation methods like using tanks to win it's battles.

All education is done by C4 already same way you're proposing. Drivers get punished.
  6. Takoita

IMHO, something like a Boomer Radiator hybrid...

(PS1 weaponry. If I remember right, Boomer is the C4 of that game but better and Radiator shoots projectiles that anchor themselves at the point of impact and start leeching off people's hp in a certain radius like a painfield without any regard to their armor or any walls/vehicles for that matter)

...that could be mounted on walls and ceilings too could be quite awesome.

I am of the opinion that it is better suited for infils, but the sheer ******** potential of such things in LA hands is too awesome to ignore.
  7. Iridar51

Oooh, that sounds like Vanu thing.

I like better my idea - run to the tank, open the hatch and push a hand grenade down the driver's throat xD
  8. Takoita

That was vanu tech, yes, but common pool with region ownership requirements.

Although faction-specific 'surprises' for more flavour may be nice too!