neutral zones have to go

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Prygon, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Prygon

on the live servers there are no neutral zones. So if your sunderer is parked away from the base if you help cap it you get exp. Not so with the new lattice system.

I understand it is that way so you cannot cap bases from non-linked but adjacent bases, but if you could expand the exp radius for a base cap that would be wonderful.
    • Up x 1
  2. Riftmaker

I like the neutral zones,but i agree that they should increase the hex only around bases. The lanes should stay as they are. Make the hex only as big as it needs to be(use the range a base grants xp on live).
    Neutral zones give new strategies since you can hide your armies there and flank an opponent. They're a great addition. That or you can travel in them and hit that front line base without people seeing it coming.
  3. Jac70

They should just go all out CoD and put up invisible walls so you cannot actually go into the neutral zones - then it will truly be the 'corridor shooter' they are trying to create.
  4. Chemicalnurd

The Lattice is an overall improvement, but it'd be better if they just went all out PS1 and brought in spheres of influence - that'd solve these issues while keeping the direction.
    Also, it's not turning into a corridor shooter - you aren't confined to the lanes, they're only there to provide more flow between bases, which is a very good thing. It means we can have a lot more depth in terms of predicting where enemies will attack and it means battles will have direction.
    And as someone earlier said the neutral zones are good for hiding troop movement, you can still approach a base from any direction you want, but they can't tell you're there. I think more mechanics regarding the neutral zones would be excellent. Something that'd be especially cool is if the neutral zones were physically different - I'm hoping this is something we see in Hossin as it's been said they're designing it with the lattice in mind.

The lattice is among the first steps to this game becoming something special and new as opposed to just another FPS where people play it because "Hurr durr itz got 2000 playerz"

With more mechanics regarding neutral zones and bigger hexes surrounding facilities for the sake of people parking sunderers etc (or spheres of influence which would look less messy and be easier to implement without having the hexes touch accidentally and confuse the hell out of people), the lattice system could be the best thing that ever happens to this game.
  5. LanceHavenbay

Expand the radius, and at least give half of the nuteral zone an outpost name, and the other hald the other outpost name. It is a pain in the **** having to look at my map to see what to connect to next. I'd like to see the outpost I'm crossing into, pop up first.

Example:
    Outpost 1 - Nuetral Zone............ outpost 2
    Outpost 1 > Outpost 2
    I would like to see Outpost 1 move directly into Outpost 2. Links remain the same, as does cap area. BUT have the display tell me which base I am closest to. I do not want to have to wander around neutral zone to figure out what I may possibly be next to.