[Suggestion] Neutral Vehicle-Ammo Towers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MajiinBuu, Feb 11, 2015.

1. MajiinBuu

I think there should be neutral vehicle-resupplying towers on each continent.
    Every empire would be able to resupply from them, regardless of which faction owns the base. They would simply belong to Nanite Systems.
    I'm sure every tanker has been in enemy territory and ran out of ammo, far from any friendly base with a tower.
    There is no need to get rid of faction-specific towers at bases, simply add towers to notable landmarks. Before the Lattice system arrived there were a ton of small outposts (now abandoned), many of which still have buildings (which currently serve no purpose), these could be good places for neutral towers. I don't think it would be hard to implement, I imagine they could just paste a few towers wherever they want. I can't think of any reasons why this would be a bad thing.

What do you guys think? And suggestions are appreciated.
  2. sIcGER

whats the purpose of ammo-sundis then ?
    • Up x 4
  3. Doc Jim

I'll have to disagree with this suggestion.

1) it would further decrease the value of ammo Sunderers.
    2) part of the challenge of fighting in enemy territory is managing your ammo and knowing when to retreat and resupply. Territory is almost meaningless since the first part of the resource update was introduced and neutral ammo towers would exacerbate the situation.
    3) Maxing out your vehicle's ammo reserves would be pretty pointless if you could just resupply behind enemy lines.

In conclusion I feel that adding neutral ammo towers would "dumb down" the game even further and the more I think about it, the more I am opposed to the idea.
    • Up x 3
  4. Uncle_Lou

Agree with all of Doc Jim's points and would also add that faction neutral ammo towers would likely just become farm spots. You know any vehicle using it is likely to be low on or out of ammo... sounds like a spot for free meals on wheels to me.
  5. maxkeiser

No. Just no. Stop dumbing the game down.

If you want ammo in a 'remote' area, bring an ammo sundy (or drive back to the previous base).
  6. FateJH

And why is it dumbing the game down?
  7. axiom537

I think it would be pretty cool, then remove all of the ammo towers around bases, then vehicles if they want ammo would need to find one of these ammo towers and they may need to fight enemy vehicles for control...MIght also help reinforce the need for ammo sunderers
  8. JudgeNu

There shouldn't be any more incentive to have rogue Mags roaming behind enemy lines to create chaos.
    It is only self serving.
    The game already suffers the "me-me" syndrome enough that IMO gameplay is affected to the extent that what was intended by the Devs has been washed away and become "dumbed down".

Many want CS:S/CODBO but fail to realize PS2 has much more to offer.
    That is the balance that has to be maintained for the longevity of the game.
  9. MajiinBuu

It's a terrible suggestion, got it ;)
  10. Archiadus

I'd love to be able to destroy them forcing engineers out of their vehicles if they wish to resupply at a base. :)