NERF the GATEKEEPER

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by deathwish200k, Sep 23, 2015.

1. deathwish200k

it can out range anything in the game to the point you cant even shot back at them ya nerf the range on the gatekeeper
    • Up x 3
  2. Some1

This belongs in game play discussion, not player support.
    • Up x 4
  3. Caydn

they wont bother to read it in play discussion
  4. Armcross

5. Orakel

who cares since he is right ? Gatekeeper range/acu should be nerfed asap ...and i wont stop about it until its nerfed ..like TR&NC always cried about old PPA..
    • Up x 1
  6. Pfundi

I love how you combined my feelings regarding the old PPA and the Gatekeeper and still managed to be upset about the PPA nerf :D
    • Up x 2
  7. Scr1nRusher

Nice try shady account.
  8. Armcross

Range no, Gate keeper is intended for long range.
    Accuracy, I prefer change of flavor rather than nurf. It feels it's accurqcy is too VS like playing lancer. As TR I want to achive it's accuracy(hit rate) true volume of fire.
    To Balance give the new gate keeper limited angle like todays anti air turret so the use of close engagement is significantly limited.
    Samples:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  9. Deffington

So you would rather have a rocket barrage? Let's say like fighter roflpods?

Admiring your signature. Most people want it vice-versa. To have toys that the enemy doesn't have.
  10. Lord_Mogul

Its the same with infantry shooting at armor but not beeing rendered.
    Range of some AA infantry stuff is longer than infantry render range.
  11. Armcross

Yup accuracy true daka. But not exactly like lolpods that is anti-infantry.

I just want to keep the diversity and asymmetric balance. As I understand this game is not Team Fortess or chess or splatoon.
    • Up x 1
  12. Traveller

The only reason this .....individual posted this drivel is because he feels only NC and VS shyters should have infinite range, no drop, ammo-less and or self-aiming weapons that can shoot around or through walls, rocks, and mountains. But , the second the TR gets there own (weak) version of NC\VS OP game-breaking weapons, they come out of the woodwork calling for nerfs.
    • Up x 1
  13. Bruhja

For me the biggest issue with the Gatekeeper is the lack of tracer or the very minuscule trail it leaves. you can barely tell where its coming from. funny how a shotgun will leave a buckshot tracer but GK rockets seem to have almost no trail at all

The second problem I have with it is the fact that it seems to be effective against everything.

What is exactly the intended purpose of the Gatekeeper? because it seems to shred through just about everything equally well.

is it AA, AV, or AI Pick one and make it excel at it Daybreak.
    • Up x 1
  14. Bruhja

Clearly you have never tried to use a Phoenix. 95% of the time you will be 1/2 way to the target and some sniper just one shots you.
  15. Armcross

You let your Phoenix get shot at that rate! You doing it wrong.
  16. SwornJupiter

Calm down, gents. On PTS, the Gatekeeper is receiving a minor recoil increase, which should go a long way to bringing its long-range potential into line with the Saron/Enforcer. Pair this with the associated bug fixes (pls Daybreak) where Tracers and sounds don't come up, it should be a much more balanced weapon.
  17. Armcross

Is this mean gatekeeper also gets a minor damage increase or some other buff. Can you post a link about Gatekeeper re-balance, I'm interested.
  18. jampie

don't care if it gets nerfed or not (it is i know at least on PTS) all i want is some indication of where it's coming from. right now i just take DMG and on occasion a "flicker" of red but still have no idea where it's being fired from 95% of the time unless it's right in front of me
  19. Bruhja

I didn't say the Phoenix was shot, I said I get shot by a sniper.

And so say I'm doing it wrong because i have no control over my char when in rocket flight. I can't even dumb fire it like I could in PS1.

There is so much broken in this game it's absolutely ridiculous. Balance what we have don't add more broken imbalanced crap, so you can pat your self's on the back and say "look at how much were doing".
  20. Orakel

Would be nice if my Saron gets setup like the gatekeeper ...shoting nonstop over 800m with high acuracy and pls can i get 50 shot magizin for my Saron ? Stikk not nerfed ...ty so much DB since most time you dont even see where you taking damaga from ...still not nerfed ?