Nerf DA bunny hop

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by talmaru, Feb 16, 2013.

1. talmaru

Seriously this has been a bad feature in games since counter strike and then adopted into the CoD series.
    For the love of god remove the bunny hopping
  2. Rhinzual

It's not even bunny hopping, it's spamming the jump key. Bunny Hopping is when you keep jumping in a game that allows the forward momentum to make you go even faster. Look at the old Quake games, you ran kinda slow, but once you got to jumping and using the explosions, your hops were sending you through the levels and clearing distance became a breeze so long as you kept timing your jumps right.
  3. Wellknown

i bunny hop in my light assualt some times i can jump over a tech plant.
    • Up x 1
  4. Torok

****** please. Jetpack + adv laser
  5. SneakyTouchy

If you guys don't like the name "bunny hop" that has been associated with this issue, then maybe you can offer up a better name? Or be stupid... either is fine I guess.

You know what he's talking about, and I agree, it should be nerfed. It's stupid. A small delay in jump + smoother animation + reduced accuracy are necessary functions. It happens with the LA no? They jump to fly and their accuracy goes to **** for a second before coming back right? This should be happening to anyone who jumps.
  6. sam38

its not that thereis any problem with jumping its the fact that hit detection on players that are jumping is crap. its not like they are jumping 5 meters in the air like halo they are just jumping like 1 meter if that and for some reason bullets pass through them like ghosts
  7. Loegi

When was this proven?
  8. Talizzar

Asks a Bunny Hopper.
  9. Loegi

I don't actually. Doesn't work that well without an overlay scope which I don't have, except maybe if you hipfire, but I prefer plain strafing since it doesn't mess up your CoF and movement speed.

Still, don't claim things as facts without proof.
  10. Bambolero

Yes the hit detection is ****** while hopping that's the only reason why they do it, it gives an edge.
    At same time, using the (bugged) IR/NV scope lets you keep a decent accuracy while jumping like a ******** monkey.
    It needs a fix yah.
  11. Ashnal

Except all classes do get an accuracy penalty when off the ground for any reason already. The increase is weapon specific, and carbines tend to have the least bloom since they're used by LA's with jetpacks. There is also a movement speed penalty every time you jump. You lose a little momentum upon jumping, and your maximum run speed is reduced upon landing. This effect can stack and eventually render the hopper stationary after about 6-7 consecutive jumps.

The simple truth about bunny hopping (jumping around) is that people will continue to do it even if it gets nerfed. That is because even if you nerf it, people will always FEEL like they are harder to hit while bouncing around, even if they aren't. So instead of blaming the game, just call the hoppers mentally ******** and move on. I never hop when I'm firing at people because of the accuracy decrease, but I will hop when trying to run away from someone because it makes me feel harder to hit.
  12. Leo Di Caprio

13. Phyr

Jumping around hipfireing is more effective then walking ADS. That's stupid.