[Suggestion] Nerf AA maxes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tytos, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Veri

AA MAX is fine as they are.
    I can piss off ESF and Libs easily as an AA max
    They seem OP because of the other options for AA are weak compared.
    Possibly make skyguard equipped lightnings more durable than other lightnings.
  2. Keiichi25

The AA MAX is not exactly the pinnacle of infantry killing.
  3. Keiichi25

No, you can't make a Skyguard be more durable than other lightnings, otherwise, a 100mm Python Lightning should take better damage than a 75mm Viper Lightning because it is classed to be a heavier piece gun on a small chassis.
  4. PaladinZERO

I have an idea, why not go back to the PS1 AA max configurations? The NC had lock on, as did the vanu. The burster was TR only. The Vanu AA was nasty, while the TR AA was the only one that reached max alt.
  5. FateJH

If those are your options, then I have to agree. Make the SkyGuard more powerful!
  6. Bambolero

Nerf AA MAX right after it got buffed?
    Yeah, that's gonna happen..
    Good one brah, good one
  7. BalogDerStout

SOE needs to nerf the OP.

A few more acronyms and that sentence will almost be unreadable by most of the public.
  8. Purg

Had a fight last night where Mosquitoes were all over the sky for at least an hour. The only ones that died were the stupid who hovered there and lolpodded or made their escape by flying a predictable path. We had 3 AA MAX up and it was obvious which pilots actually had a clue and which ones would come in here and cry about AA MAX being OP. Probably killed 1 every 5 minutes or so. Still puzzles me seeing the class of those I shoot down. Lots of Infiltrators and HA's - even had some combat medics.. why?!

I have the Skyguard. It does feel a lot less effective than the MAX. I have full zoom, would love it if you could tone down the sensetivity when you're zoomed in - I just can't hit anything because I'm not used to very fine adjustments - the massive bloom also doesn't help. Lower sensetivity when zoomed would improve the platform remarkably. You can't run an AA MAX in a roving tank platoon and a Skyguard is vulnerable when it's trying to protect a base where it has no room to maneuver.
  9. Ghosty11

What would really be helpful for the Skyguard would be to replace the standard Lightning tank cannon reticule with a set of concentric rings that would actually help you aim while firing on an aircraft. The should only show up if the Skyguard turret is equipped, otherwise the standard sight reticule shows up.
  10. Armchair

The skyguard is a single-purpose vehicle that only does one job.

It is inferior at that job when compared to a multi-purpose vehicle that can excel at multiple roles simultaneously.

A rotary/rocketpod ESF is far better AA than a skyguard, AND it can kill MBT's in one strafing run and farm infantry like a champ.

Both vehicles require similar resource costs, but there is a huge discrepancy in their performance.

And the flyboys think this is balanced......
  11. Keiichi25

A reticule change to fit the weapon type would be helpful, same with the the MAX as the default reticule does not allow knowledgable users a good way to 'guestimate' where as with the tanks, the default reticule allows proper adjustments.
  12. Veri

Easy.
    There are extra slots o a skyguard.
    Allow them to have a cert which gives them more armor.

A larger diameter round has nothing to do with armor.

As an ESF pilot I find Skyguards are sitting ducks.
    They spray a little flak, I fly off, repair, use IRNV see which is their back end and start blasting it with rocket pods.
    Too easy.

Lib.
    Skyguard even easier kill despite the Lib being a much larger hitbox.
  13. Ghosty11

I think the Skyguard is pretty close to balanced, it might need a small COF adjustment. A decent Skyguard operator can be as good a deterrent as a single MAX. One ESF vs. one Skyguard is a fairly even fight. One Lib vs. one Skyguard, the Lib has the advantage. Just like with MAXes, you need multiple AA assets to be effective against Libs and multiple ESF's. With the Ranger now being available to MBT's I think that armor columns will have plenty of options to protect themselves while in transit and fight around bases.

Yes a Skyguard alone out in the middle of a field is fairly vulnerable, as it should be. Mix a few into an armor column with competent operators, and air units will think twice about attacking. By competent I mean not only being able to use the gun, but smart enough to know not to sit in the same position for too long, so that the next time that Lib or ESF comes into range you are not sitting in the same spot.
  14. Keiichi25

Apparently, you missed the whole context of 'for the role'. A 100mm Python round are better suited for Anti-Tank, especially HEAT and AP as their role is 'Anti-Tank', which means they should also be more durable. But again, they don't get that. A MAX outfitted with AV weapons are also not any more stronger than a MAX with only AI despite its role is suited to go against Vehicles.
  15. Isila

PS2 airkids couldn't handle PS1-style AA maxes. They whine and complain about the equivalent of an unlocked Burster max, how do you think they would handle Sparrows, Starfires, or Bursters with lockdown?