[Suggestion] Need spitfire turrets back

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Thesweet, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Thesweet

When u pull a sundy I have 2 options for stopping suicide bombers, mine guard or extra armor, I cannot have both. So I actively defend my sundy when it is deployed. Even if I kill 10 guys they eventually get it. Spitfire turrets would help sundies survive longer. Also it wasn't much of a problem back in PS1 because it took forever to lay mines/C4.
    • Up x 5
  2. Hibiki54

Totally forgot about those.
  3. Ultramarine

I like it, and while we're at it, I really want to see deployable cover. Like one of the mana turrets minus the turret part, just an energy shield to duck behind.
  4. Grumpymunky

I don't know what a spitfire turret is, but I wouldn't be too concerned if I took down 10 guys before they finally got to my sunderer. :p
  5. FateJH

Okay, then. Whose CPU is going to process the calculations to support the turret? targetting and hit detection and all that?
  6. Blarg20011

Check out my sig, yo
  7. Kunavi

I'd be OK with C4 working like Ammo Packs, I don't much need an automated turret. I just want those idiots to stop juggling C4 bricks like it's nothing.
    • Up x 1
  8. ReformerTR

Spitfire turret with a motion sensor was the boy.
  9. Thesweet

Spitties where in PS1, along with cloaking shield for AMS and deployable ammo packs for vehicles with a cloaking shield. I think PS1 has a lot more options for load outs for all classes.
  10. f0d

i have wanted spitfires back for ages
    i asked for them during tech test
    i asked for them in beta

still no spitfires :(

the engineer in planetside2 is boring compared to planetside1 adv combat engineer - so many fun toys in the ps1 engineer
  11. TheLazycop

How about flamethrower turrets?
  12. Thesweet

They did have flak spitfire turrets. So why not.
  13. ExarRazor

we need spitfires back

we also need the following
    cerebrus (AA spitfire)
    shadow turrets (cloaking spitfires, did less damage and half fire rate)
    motion sensors
    sensor disruptors
    boomers (not this overpowered c4 ****)
    ps1 tank mines
    aegis field generators
    tank traps
    deployable field turrets (we got these, but ps1's were much cooler)
  14. MilitiaMan

We need spitfire turrets back in general just for the fact of having them back.

Engineers don't have a lot of fun things right now imo.
    • Up x 1
  15. EliteEskimo

Put this on a tank or a turret and the game will instantly become cooler... but only if it doesn't destroy FPS in the process:D

16. LowTechKiller

SOE appeased the whining "victim" players by giving them warning lights on ALL prox mines, and by making AV mines akin to running over a dorm room mini-fridge. You think they'll give you a self activating, self aiming killing machine that also cloaks?

Call me when there are ice sickles hanging from Satan's pointy tail.
  17. Elrobochanco

It is pretty funny that they went through the trouble of letting the ace tool transform into turret and ammo...but left out the load of other things that it was used to create.
  18. starlinvf

The main issue would be balancing TTKs. Since your average TTK is less then 1 second for a lot of weapons, and it'll be AI driven, they have a choice of making an uncharacteristically long TTK, or limit the size of the defense net to be inefficient for the man-power required to set it up. Kind of like how AP mines don't work effectively unless you have only a couple choke points to funnel movement.