[Suggestion] Need More Force Structure other then a Platoon.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Artanisen, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Artanisen

Need More Force Structure other then a Platoon.

So after playing with some really good players whose leadership
    skills are really good made me think their needs to be more
    force structure like Company, Battalion and allow players who
    are have excellent leadership skills to do more.
  2. RykerStruvian

Been waiting for forever for better squad/outfit/etc management tools. It would probably be more productive to specify what you would like to see that would make playing easier. I haven't played squadlead in ages, let alone anything with an outfit, but I remember outfits being fairly skimpy with nothing much besides a roster and ranks. But I did see they have some new map tools available.

Something I've always wanted was better tools that were not related to outfit/squad specific but global. Of all the tools thus far, colored smoke has been the most helpful for marking targets and calling them out over region/orders to redirect forces. I kind of wish orders chat was similar to CR5, but in PS2 would give CR5 members the ability to draw on map/paint targets/locations to better coordinate ground/air forces. For example, being able to place visual markers both on the map/ingame for air-to-ground strikes/requests, air-to-air requests, etc. Too often do I see people calling out for help to take down skynights, yet we lack the tools to properly specify where those forces are located that need assistance and where the enemy is located that the request is being made for.

Something more helpful than attack/defend markers that are usable by non-squads would also be nice.
  3. Demigan

I think we need a better situational awareness, and offer this through automatic systems.

We already see on the map where lots of weapons are fired anywhere on the continent. This system can easily be used to give a general idea where friendlies and spotted enemies are moving about. Additionally you could allow the player to select the general whereabouts of a group of enemies and give orders like "infantry AV strike" or "air strike".

Additionally the Q-radial menu can be used more on enemies. Spot an enemy, hold Q and select an order. Limit the amount of orders you can give out and put a timer on orders so people can't spam them (there's more ways to reduce spam such as a maximum orders visible based on distance and if you can execute the order). That makes it possible for a random infantryman to request an airstrike on a target, or a tank that asks for another tank or infantry to finish off a tank that keeps ducking behind cover for repairs.
    • Up x 1
  4. Artanisen

To me i Imagen that it will be set up as an option
    for squad certs "platoon upgrade" increase the squad
    member size for each upgrade for each squad and
    to avoid exploiting the switching of P.L. could have
    it disband or split up the platoon's.

And thats one thing that needs to be added is an option
    to increase member size of each squad.
  5. PlanetBound

Leadership skills? Explain that please.