Need help with air combat.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ac3s, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Ac3s

Hello all, I was wandering if some guys could give me decent information on tactics and what upgrades I should use on my mossie for air combat.
    The problem I'm having is that I almost always lose whenever I meet a scythe or a reaver, no matter what I try they always have their gun pointed in my face and zig zag all over the place while I cannot keep my gun on them.
    I have no idea how they can keep so mobile while keeping me in their crosshairs, I can only scratch some paint off of their vehicles with a few bullets hitting while they empty their entire clip into me and the fight ends after a few seconds.

The only way I can win is against an unsuspecting person when I come from the behind, allowing me to empty almost a full clip, other than that my air combat is useless it seems.

So please give me some pointers, a tutorial perhaps, a decent list of upgrades necessary.
    So far Ive got the m18 rotary, hellfire rockets, decoy flares rank 1, auto repair rank 4, dogfighting airframe rank 3.

Thanks.
  2. Badname707

That's a start. Use upthrust and downthrust often, switching directions by rolling.
  3. ShureShot

Matti4ce has a lot of interesting video's about flying esf's and the Mosquito on his channel, check it out, you can learn a lot from these video's.

4. supernauttt

i stopped flying long ago bud...the reason being inless u fly most of your play time you wont be able to do good in AA....for a simple reason that its tough, and the only ones who really fly alot are high level's that all they do is fly and are ELITE at it....this is why new players who try to learn to do air combat give up almost instantly, you will RARELY get into a dog fight with someone of average skill...atleast on matherson anyways, its 99% of the time someone who wont miss a single round on you....but when i do fly and just happen to run into people who are similar skill level as me its alot of fun, but again it gets ruined real qucik most of the time...

my only advice is fly alot, and just learn from ur mistakes every time, also always have a safe zone with lots of Friendly AA in the area and NEVER stray to far from them....if u do this youll have a lil fun anyways haha good luck