Need help playing as a medic

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by reydelchicken, Feb 3, 2014.

1. reydelchicken

Hey there, I just started playing as the medic class, first idea was to auraxium my t1 cycler, but I liked the class and stuck too it.

So I bought the TAR and put on a foward grip, NV scope and softpoint ammo on it, and started playing.

But I've noticed that I get killed a lot, and this also applies to my other classes, and has a bit to do with my constant random fps drops. But if someone could point me to a guide/video on how to position myself and be more situationally aware that could be very helpful.

And oddly enough I seem to get killed much much more by low BR players, and sometimes they even outaim me.
    Just so you know, I can aim decently, and use cover somewhat effectively, but I still seem to have lots of players get the jump on me, is there some way I can stop this from happening so often, or is it just how this game works?

Here are my stats with the TAR, which surprises me when I get outaimed by a BR 4-20 player.
    [IMG]

And here are my other stats. Notice the low K/D ratio and SPM.
    [IMG]
  2. Calisai

I'd almost say you aren't getting "outaimed", but in fact they are getting the drop on you or see you first. With client-side hit detection, the aggressive player is at an advantage. If you walk around a corner while ADS and point at a player... you can get 1-2 shots off before you even appear on their screen. So if you are playing defensively, and letting them come to you... you are at a disadvantage unless you have decent cover or overcome it with headshots, etc. Especially if your FPS is lower.
  3. Akeita

1.5 - 1.6 is not bad anyway, mostly you failed when you are new to the game and die a lot... Eventually, you will learn when to strafe - hip fire and not ADS for days all the time.
  4. Suicide Trooper

Want help having fun as medic?
    1. Get Haymaker,
    2. Get ext. magazine
    3. Charge the guns.
    4. PROFIT!!!
  5. SirIBON

Your Accuracy is very, very good, your HSR also. Nearly too good.
    Do use more Bullets with this sprayer. So more bullets will hit. Your evaluation of this data will become worster, but the enemy will lie on the floor.
    40 in a clip and 240 in sum you have with you :)
    Share it with the enemies.

With "B" you can change between single shoot and automatic.

An alternative change the fraction to NC, theire weapons hit harder, but mostly slower firefrequencs. With your well aim and slow firefrequenzy you will be very successful with that weapon.
    The TR Medics have no hard-hitter, the VS have the Corvus.
  6. reydelchicken

I actually spam bullets a lot, and take long distance shots often, or else my accuracy stat would probably be about 5% higher.

It's just that I get killed alot.

And hipfire is not an option unless I'm super close to the enemy, it's just a waste of time further than 2m away from you.
    ADS is really the way to go unless you want to miss every one of your shots.

It may be the fps drops that get me killed so much, since I sometimes go from 150+ fps to 5-10 fps mid-fight. This also seems to happen randomly, and also happens in open fields, or at warpgate, etc.
  7. SirIBON

Me use the same setup with a suppressor. And i go for ADS on even low distance. I go for Headshoots.
    Already get Auraxium some time ago and i have an Accuracy 20,9% and HSR 18,4%.
    This is half you "Aimlevel".
    Me shot on ESF with it also :)

The FPS could be the problem, but with 1.7 you kill more as you get killed this good for Medic, that has also a supporting role.
    Descrease the Grafiksetup in you System, that can help.
    Maybe you play on a Server that is far away? On EU as US, or the other Way.
    Do you use Armor of any kind?
  8. reydelchicken

Armour? You mean like nanoweave?

I use the advanced shield capacitator, since the heal ability seems to give me good enough survivability in a 1v1 situation.
    But I've been looking at other medic stats from other players, and a K/D of around 1.5-2 is common, so I don't feel so bad after all :p
  9. Ganjis

As medic, the only time it pays to use cover is when you are playing support with some aggressive players between you and the enemy. Positioning yourself with LoS on the clsest of these troops, but no LoS on the enemy and ideally a good view of any flanking approaches (including flying LA) will work a treat.

If you are actually engaging the enemy then mobility=life at closer ranges. Cover and steady aim also work well at long ranges, but you need a long range spec rifle to be truly effective (Corvus/CME on VS) although they will leave you at a big disadvantage should anyone surprise you up close.
  10. Laxlu

Make use of your minimap. Don't charge forward like in movies. Don't fight 10% vs 90%. NV scope makes you bad, don't recommend using it exceptions - to counter smoke and fighting vanu at nights. Don't get greedy on kills. Don't engage with your shields down. T1 more user friendly weapon whan TAR.
  11. Thor04

Its not bad I have low K/D when playing medic mosty because I'm prime target and I focus on supporting mostly so you are fine its not like K/D is important stat especially when you can't compare it to how many revives/healing done.