Need defense system to lockdown

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Nobalification, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Nobalification

I want passive absorb shield (20% anti vehicle reduction, 10% anti infantry reduction on Anchor mode 5). Its simple. When you use Lockdown (Anchor) you get only 40% ROF, Reload and bullet velocity and u are stationary target for all rocket launchers and all enemies. I want absorb shield when i am deployed. I think its nerf if we are stationary and gets only 40% ROF, Reload, Bullet velocity (i dont say we have underpower anchor or want something better, but add passive absorb shield system for Lockdown ability. Pls i dont want see coment which hates me thx. This is only suggestion and i can see only another suggestion about this topic thanks.
  2. Ash87

It's really not needed, the defensive system of any max unit is an engineer, which will pretty much tether him/herself to any max unit that goes into lockdown, since you are basically sitting next to a cert farm. Maxes in lockdown will need fast repair, faster resupply, and someone to watch their back. All of which can be supplied by a nearby engineer.

Heck, if they add deployable shields for engineers, basically the Aegis in deployable form (Please let them add deployable shields), your going to want them around more than ever.
    • Up x 1
  3. Nobalification

you dont test it on test server true? VS max with two starfires and applied ZOE get me 5 HP left . . . he run like ADADAD and fire from his hands LAZZORS. I stay on the ground . . . because why. Because lockdown. Just go on the test server, try it and u see what i say thanks.
  4. Ash87

Uhm... Yes, I actually test on the test server almost every weekday. I just disagree with you and I am trying to present a constructive criticism of your point.

The VS that hit you with 2 starfires while having ZOE up, was designed to take out max suites and armor, he should tear through you like a hot knife through butter. If you were using a decent weapon and caught him at close range you would still have the capability to take him out, as killing a full health max using Mutilators at close range takes under 3 seconds. If he caught you at range, your just kind of SOL.

Rather than decry the fact you cannot do -everything- with the ability, notice the limitations of the ability and try to use it in situations where it is will give you the best result. Buffing defense of the Lockdown, would tilt things in the favor of the TR when it is completely needless. For sizable advantages come sizable handicaps.

A 40% (btw, using onslaughts, that works out to 82,320 abouts damage a minute, or 1,372 damage a second) increase in ROF, means no mobility and 180 degrees of view. A shield you cannot get past, but can shoot through carried on one arm, means no offensive cabability for the shield holder. A 20% boost to most combat abilities, means a reduction in Health.
    • Up x 1
  5. Nobalification

This is ok but how can we camparese with NC 6 or 12 rocket absorb shield (i forgot the number sry) or VS movement boost (i know its not much movement speed but he can use ADADAD macro) dmg boost? i know VS have disadvantage they get more dmg but its hard to hit him on 20 or 30 meters when he shoots u to the face with starfire and strafe back to safe zone. I only say get some defense ability to anchor stationary target to more survivability. We need something defensive (like passive shield) when we are anchored.
  6. Ash87

Fighting at Medium Range, use Mercies, or just uproot and strafe yourself. There are going to be few situations where the Lockdown will be usable at Medium range, because it's designed more as a close range ability. Again under 10m you can tear things up with 80,000+ damage a minute. Put yourself inside a door off to the side, so that people -have- to walk through the door to deal with you. (With enhanced base design, there are roughly a million places you can do this now) and then cut them to shreds. At medium range your going to have to be in the open, so your not going to Just be dealing with Maxes, but also HAs with ESRLs which is not the best situation to put yourself in. And again, have an engineer or two on standby to help you out. Again: It's all about location. It's the same with using Lockdown on a tank, you can't sit in the open with no coverage at all, and expect to dominate just because you are in lockdown mode.

Here is the thing though, as is, people are already very pissy about Lockdown. In it's current form, granting one Unbelievable boost to it's stats, while getting a large handicap is making people groan and whine. If a defensive ability gets added in, this will be to such extremes, that VS and NC will force a reduction to the ROF increase, which will greatly reduce the use of Lockdown. And, what we will get is a shield, which is frankly useless given the fact that you are rooted in one place. Practically, the benefit of increased defense will not be sufficient to justify it's existence, unless it is such that it is a 40% defensive boost, instead of a 40% ROF boost. So it comes down to: Do you prefer defense while rooted in place, or do you prefer Offense while rooted in place. I vote Offense, since it is such a great boost and effectively makes the TR the masters of defense.
    • Up x 1
  7. Soundmonitor

no way, the VS and NC will no longer be able to fly with the new lockdowns we have, its takes 4 secs for 1 dual burster max to take out an esf...
  8. Nobalification

U dont understant what i say. I prefer Offense ofc but i say add to 40% ROF, Reload, Bullet Velocity ability with passive defensive system with maybe 20% anti vehicle weapons and 10% to anti infantry weapons. Something what is more survivability when we are anchored.
  9. Nobalification

VS and NC dont have lockdown sry but i dont understand what u say.
  10. Soundmonitor

What Im trying to say is that our MAX will be able to take out any AIR from VS or NC in seconds with the new lockdowns... VS can have the ZOE which if you havent noticed it takes 1 heavy to take out the VS max with an LMG while doing adadad, no more rockets needed to kill VS MAX when he uses the ZOE. As for the NC MAX the shield is garbage imo, they cant even shoot while shielded, we got the best with the lockdowns if we use AA. Im not worried about our MAX AI, it will be used just like the Engie AI turret.
  11. Nobalification

Yes its all true but can still move that means chance to miss. But if target is stationary lots of enemies assault him with rocket launchers etc.
  12. Ammathor

You obviously don't understand balancing.
    • Up x 1
  13. Soundmonitor

just make sure you are placed with a good engie, you will take out the rocket guy even if he hits you when he dies, if you place yourself 5-10m from the door in a direction which forces your opponent to actually come in you will tear him to shreads and this is MAX included. Put 2-4 MAX or more in this situation guarding/defending entrances you will shred people as they come in the entrance.
    • Up x 1
  14. Nobalification

I understand balancing u just dont mind to future and dont know what players can do in this game.
  15. Nobalification

Its only suggestion about passive defense system. There is chance u put 2-4 maxes anchored to camp the doors. There comes 2-4 NC Maxes with his shields on which absorb lots of dmg. There is 4 or 5 sec to invade TR Maxes with NC HA Rockets.
  16. Ash87

No, I understand perfectly. My point is that there is no way that kind of boost will pass through, and keep the good boost on the ROF, intact, and it becomes: Do you prefer a decent boost with some defensive bonuses that will provide you with next to no Real help as you are rooted in place (That is to say that the only way to really improve you chance of survival while stuck to the ground, is to VASTLY increase your defensive capabilities, slightly increasing them will do Nothing because your a wooden duck on a firing range), or do you prefer no defensive boost and a massive offensive boost (Which is what we have now).

Don't just think of what will benefit you, think of what reaction this will draw, and how likely it is to get nerfed after reaction.
    • Up x 1
  17. Nobalification

Everyone says about nerfing the lockdown ability and no one knows we have in PS1 60% ROF, No recoil etc
  18. Nobalification

So much nerf things on the Terran Republic Side.
  19. Khyrin

And i want my Scattercannons be effective at ranges beyond 10 meters without needed 10 shots to kill a single guy.
  20. Nobalification

Why? U are CoD kid? who snipe with shotguns? i think u can get machineguns, TR and VS can get Shotguns too :)